LG Plasma PB6600 - Sound and gray screen then no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG Plasma PB6600 - Sound and gray screen then no picture

Watching tv on my LG 60PB600 Plasma, left the room to come back to my tv off and going thru a reclicking cycle.

1. Replaced the power supply board and can get the tv to turn on with sound but no picture

2. Replaced ZSUS board still turns on with sound but no picture

3. Purchased on ebay a replacement YSUS on ebay but it was cracked. Tried to install it anyways, big pop when I powered it off.

4. Replaced logic board due to no green light flashing. Green light flashing with new board. And with original YSUS board, turns on with a gray screen for a second then screen goes to black. Sound is working.

5. Purchased on ebay again a replacement YSUS but it came in a mailing envelope with numerous caps and resistors bent. Installed it and the tv will not turn on now and just goes thru a reclicking cycle. Plan to return this board

Based on the above, can I assume it's the YSUS board? Found this service on ebay and thinking of sending them both my YSUS board and buffers for testing and repair - https://www.ebay.com/itm/REPAIR-SERV...0/110535815308

Trying to decide if it's worth putting more money to fix or just buy a new tv.

Thanks
Working...
X