Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo G50-70 gigadevice 25b64bsig

Hello,

i'm trying to fix this laptop with this bios chip. The problem is that it turn on with just one led on. It's not displaying anything and I believe it's the bios corrupted.
    I have a Ch341a chip programmer and I downloaded a valid bios image from this forum. I can't flash the new bios with any programmer software, i've tried with neoprogrammer and asprogrammer, none of them let me write the bios image. The stock programmer when it's verifyng the new image, an error pop up saying: "Chip Main Memory with the content are in disagreement".

Is there anyone that had experience with this bios chip? Any program that could work?

Thanks

Re: Lenovo G50-70 gigadevice 25b64bsig

I attach the original bios I dumped from the motherboard. The model is: ACLU/ACLU2 NM A271 Rev 1.0
    Attached Files
    Last edited by speggio91; 04-12-2021, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by speggio91 View Post
      I attach the original bios I dumped from the motherboard. The model is: ACLU/ACLU2 NM A271 Rev 1.0
      try..
      Attached Files
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
        try..
        Thank you for helping but the programmer software still give me the error when trying to verify the chip.
        The message is the same: "Buffer data does not match SPI chip".
        Every programmer I used to flash the bios gave me that error and in the chip database there's not my chip.

Is there a software with that chip in the database? I did read that Skygz can give you a paid version of the standard software by contacting him. I didn't receive any answer so far.

Thank you anyways, i'll update this thread in case there are any news.

Comment

Originally posted by speggio91 View Post
          Thank you for helping but the programmer software still give me the error when trying to verify the chip.
          The message is the same: "Buffer data does not match SPI chip".
          Every programmer I used to flash the bios gave me that error and in the chip database there's not my chip.

Is there a software with that chip in the database? I did read that Skygz can give you a paid version of the standard software by contacting him. I didn't receive any answer so far.

Thank you anyways, i'll update this thread in case there are any news.
          remove the bios chip from the motherboard before reading or writing and stick it on the programmer if you do not have an adapter ... set the name of the bios chip correctly in the program..maybe the programmer is defective ..
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
            remove the bios chip from the motherboard before reading or writing and stick it on the programmer if you do not have an adapter ... set the name of the bios chip correctly in the program..maybe the programmer is defective ..
            I did desoldered the chip and soldered it on the board I receive with the programmer, checking also the correct pin orientation.
            The problem is that my programmer software doesn't have in its database that chip. It has something similar like GD25Q64 but it doesn't work, it give me the error i already mentioned.

Yesterday i tried to manually add the chip on neoprogrammer import.xml file.
            Under SPI_Eprom category I added this line:

Code:
            <GIGADEVICE>
             <GD25B64BSIG vcc="3.6" id="C84017" page="256" size="8388608"/>
                  </GIGADEVICE>
            Those data i inserted was found on another forum, but it's not working either, the verification phase terminate with an error and roughly 10%.

Maybe there are some more details to add about that chip..

Comment

Hi again,

after some weeks i managed to retrieve a good programmer, it's the Tl866II plus, the original one, not a clone, directly purchased from an authorised dealer.

I managed to successfully flash the bios sent by peste some posts ago.
              After trying to power on the board the power consumption goes up to 0.55A, the cpu start to get warm rather hot, and after 3 seconds it shut down after hearing a very flimsy "click" sound.
              During the 3 seconds, the display does turn on for a while meaning the backlight is working but there's no image at the display.

What could be the issue? Is still the bios fault or is there the super IO that is shutting everything down due to an anomaly?

Should i open a new thread on the repair forum?

Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
              X