Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus P8Z77 V

Hello all!
    I have this board Asus P8Z77 V, with a "no post" at first I thought it was a bent pin in the CPU socket. But when I looked the whole board over good, upon turning it over I found a chip missing off the back side. I assume its a resistor but because its gone I'm not sure?

IF anyone could post a Detailed photo of the back side of a Z77 board between the CPU hold down plate and the first PCI-e Slot. Here is mine, sorry its so bad my camera does not like close ups. So I used a magnifying glass to help. If you need I can post better photos.........

Thank you!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Philly Cheese Steak; 04-03-2013, 06:13 AM. Reason: add photo
    X99 5930K
    X99-gaming 9
    EVGA 1080 Vanilla
    Gskill 16GBRip JAWS@2400
    SSD'S
    Corsair AX1200

Re: Asus P8Z77 V

Here are some better photos, my camera needs up grading.....

I assume its like the others in the same area, I could measure there resistance but don't want to guess...........................Or if you can post a resistance that you found on your Z77 board then I wouldnt need detailed photos and could move forward.
    Thank you!

any help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Files
    X99 5930K
    X99-gaming 9
    EVGA 1080 Vanilla
    Gskill 16GBRip JAWS@2400
    SSD'S
    Corsair AX1200

Comment

Could be a ceramic capacitor perhaps?
      I can put text here?!

Comment

Originally posted by DJduck View Post
        What is its value, perhaps?
        X99 5930K
        X99-gaming 9
        EVGA 1080 Vanilla
        Gskill 16GBRip JAWS@2400
        SSD'S
        Corsair AX1200

Comment

Originally posted by DJduck View Post

Seriously man, go spam up some other post!

So this isnt rocket science I know, so in this photo you see there is another resistor with the square around it, I used a multimeter on it to find its value .220 I think it was and here is my doner card a Nvidia GPU 6800 ultra DOA.
          Attached Files
          X99 5930K
          X99-gaming 9
          EVGA 1080 Vanilla
          Gskill 16GBRip JAWS@2400
          SSD'S
          Corsair AX1200

Comment

Looks like a ceramic cap to me as well. Not sure what value. If you really need to know the exact value, then you would need someone who has the same motherboard to take off that cap on theirs and measure it.

The good news is, I've replaced broken caps like that before with success without knowing what value they were. I simply just put another ceramic capacitor of the same physical size. Your donor GeForce 6800 should be good for that. Just look for tan square components - those are usually the ceramic caps. If it's silver or black - beware! That would be a ferrite bead, a resistor, or a diode and could totally mess up your board.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
              Looks like a ceramic cap to me as well. Not sure what value. If you really need to know the exact value, then you would need someone who has the same motherboard to take off that cap on theirs and measure it.

The good news is, I've replaced broken caps like that before with success without knowing what value they were. I simply just put another ceramic capacitor of the same physical size. Your donor GeForce 6800 should be good for that. Just look for tan square components - those are usually the ceramic caps. If it's silver or black - beware! That would be a ferrite bead, a resistor, or a diode and could totally mess up your board.
              Got ya!
              I used one the same size approximatly, still no boot. Gonna look it over some more..............
              Thank you!
              X99 5930K
              X99-gaming 9
              EVGA 1080 Vanilla
              Gskill 16GBRip JAWS@2400
              SSD'S
              Corsair AX1200

Comment

Working...
              X