This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Having trouble with my LG tv and can't post a new thread even though it says I only need a single post to fully unlock my post ability. This site looks to have great help which I could use. It seems like my problem is a very simple one.

Comment

hello im from quebec canada and i have a probleme with my tv loll

Comment

Hello, I'm an old guy living in Clearwater, Florida. I've been teaching myself how to use a computer for over 20 years. No formal training. Now, I help my friends and family with their computer repairs, both hard and software. For many of them, I maintain their computers remotely via TeamViewer. A few of them I have helped by replacing or repairing hardware components in their computers. I've repaired several of my own "blown" computers by replacing caps that were bad. Lately, I've repaired a DLP TV by replacing the color wheel. I love working with my hands and solving problems... a carry-over from my real profession as a licensed massage therapist, specializing in injury rehab and prevention. I hope to learn a lot from you guys about repairing electronics.

Comment

Hi Guys!

New to the world of electronics repair but it has always interested me. armed with a soldering iron and your experience I hope to knock out a few projects!

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi all!

Many years only reading that forum, but now i need to ask something.

wwenigma

Comment

Hello all. I'm french so sorry for my bad english. I have study electronics at school, but i have worked on a full of different job (network engeneer, boiler repairer, pcb designer).

I'm curious, and i hate that electrnics parts resist to me.

I have work in electronic industry and work to repair part with parts minus than 0402 (with binocular it's possible and hot air tools).

So if i cant participate i do my best for this forum.

Thanks to all.

Comment

Just joining to get access to the great information and help here on Badcaps. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Guys. Easter holidays have just started and on cue - the TV dies... Digging around for answers brought me here. Hopefully I can keep another TV out of landfill but if not I will enjoy challenge anyway. Thanks in advance, the forum has been a great resource already!

Comment

Hello All!

Have about 25 years experience in the computer/networking industry. Did a bunch of cap replacements over ten years ago when the bad caps thing happened. I'm mostly a car nut on the side, but not afraid to try and fix anything at all. Tractors, snowmobiles, appliances. Now I have an LG Plasma that failed and hopefully I can get it working and install it in my garage. ;-)

Looking forward to participating in the forum, although I'm not sure if I can contribute yet.

Comment

Hello everyone. I came across this forum while searching the OEM of a fake Tacens PSU. I noticed how much people knew about OEM manufacturers and I wanted to join and learn.

I've got experience with electronic equipment and I think my knowledge is worth sharing. My English level is high even though I'm not from an English-speaking country.
                        μ, Ω.

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and want to introduce myself. I'm a former Marine and spent the last 15 years working on aircraft avionics systems. I'm currently going to college to get my AS in computer programming. I love working with electronics but I hate not having a manual or wiring diagram to go with what I'm working on. This looks like a great source of collaborated knowledge on this sight and look forward to helping out where I can.

Comment

Hi guys I'm Tom and am that green to posting on forums I make Kermit look pale.
                            I spent about 5 years working in the electronics industry assembly line then operating
                            a surface mount machine. Lets say now days i like to tinker and get a buzz out of finding
                            things people throw out on the verge and fixing them. so far 5 computers, 1 electric chainsaw, 3 laptops, 4 stereos, 2 xbox 360, 1 PS3, list goes on......... . Then thanks to the many people on this site i ventured into tv's 1 Grundig xentia 42inch, 1 Sony bravia 46inch, 1 Fujitsu 42inch, 1 Panasonic viera 42inch, 2 LG 42inch, 1 Hitachi 48inch, and am currently working on 2 LG 50inch and 1 LG 64inch and a LG 60inch but thats put aside as its a panel problem and other than coming across same model and swaping parts over it will continue to be a coffee table in The Cave. So once again thanks to all the good folk on here and hope to be able to post a fix other than the standard component failures we all come across. Cheers

Comment

Hello all,

I stumbled across this site while trying to search for helpful tips to possibly repair my tv that just went out. Look forward to learning more about my fix as well as learning new things from everyone. I must say my knowledge on electronics is minimal at best, but I love learning new things and can't wait to apply my new knowledge to problems I may come across in the future.

Comment

Just wanted to jump in and say hello. My name is Jeff and I am from Ontario Canada. I have some electronics skills but would consider myself a rookie and have read these forums many times but decided it was time to jump aboard and sign up. Thanks for having me.

Comment

Good evening, my name is Anthony i am from Bakersfield Cali. thank you for letting me be a part of this site just want to say in the few days i have been a member i have learned a lot. thanks to all the techs for all your hard work.

Comment

Hi

Comment

Hello,
                                      I am Patrick. New guy here. I was enjoying some evening television when I hear what sounded like a sizzle and my picture went all psychedelic on me.

I have a Phillips Plasma TV. It has been a year or two since I repaired a half black / half picture problem. In the beginning of that old issue I was able to tap the back of the TV and get a complete picture. But alas, I finally had to open up the back and re-seat some cables. Maybe even removed some padding material. I don't recall exactly and didn't take notes. I simply used the internet, and it might even have been this site that helped me, to figure out the problem and fix it! YAY! But I must admit I am not a real techie per se just a stubborn do-it-yourself guy.

I have already done some browsing here and think my next move is to follow tom66's advice and see if I have a blown fuse on the "Z-sustain"? Oh boy. First things first. I think I have a digital multi meter in the garage somewhere maybe?

Oh and when I heard the sizzle sounds I didn't see any smoke or smell anything burnt.

Comment

Hiya,

My names Terry. I started back in the 80's with an Amstrad CPC464, the onto Amiga's and PC of course starting with a 486-dx2-66 (Id be lying if it wasn't mainly for doom . Been using linux variants since Slackware come on 30 floppies or so. I have been working in IT for the last 15 years, before that was a qualified Electrician in a Powerstation environment. I left that role and went into IT, ended up starting the first public ISP in this part of Australia which I also got out of (long story, regrets and all that). Ironically I was hired back in the powerstation environment 18 months ago to work with control systems IT only, nothing corporate. With a background in electrical systems, PLC and powerstation knowledge coupled with relevant IT knowledge in virtualisation and network/security I'm loving what I'm doing. All the fun IT without Corporate users in a heavy Industry environment.. Just when I thought I'd had enough of IT too, this has me excited again.

Anyway, I've also recently re-kindled a desire to know more about electronics and have started putting together a nice little lab in my shed and acquiring bits and pieces and equipment. Most recently fiddling with a couple of Raspberry Pi2's got me thinking this way and also a faulty Samsung monitor which I'm sure has dodgy caps or something which led me by google search to here.

Anyway, about to dive intot he forum and have a looksee about.

/waves.

Terry.

Comment

Hey, guys i have been fixing computers, laptops tablets etc for years now and have found this site very useful. Ive finally run into a problem i cant combat on my own and i guess its time to register and ask for some help!

Comment

Working...
                                          X