Acer P235H flicker and whine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer P235H flicker and whine.

Hello, i posted this on another forum and got zero help. Hopefully someone can help me here.

Hello, i've just about had it with my luck lately with PC components. Today i had to lift my monitor to plug in an HDMI cable. I held it with the monitor facing down, and at no time was i holding the monitor by the screen. Once i turn it on, it seems to work fine. After about 5 seconds my display turns off, and the indicator light says that there is video. (It's orange when in sleep mode, and blue when there is a signal going to it). Anyway, i shake it off and try again, same thing. But this time it does a high pitched buzz before turning off. Now i'm worried, so i check my connections and they are fine. This was originally hooked up to my PS3, so i hook it up to my PC to see if it still does it, and it does. I don't know how i thought of this but i did. As soon as i turned the monitor on, i went into the OSD and quickly rushed to the brightness setting. Once i get there the screen turns off again. But i manage to adjust the setting with no display. Suprisingly, i see video again around a brightness setting of 40. But there is very heavy flickering. So i turn it down to 0, there is a bit of flicker. But the display doesn't turn off anymore.

I'll upload a video here in a sec. Any and all help is appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiZqR...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Armament; 12-15-2012, 12:07 PM.

Re: Acer P235H flicker and whine.

Could be a high voltage arc somewhere in the ccfl lamp circuits.
    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

How could i test for something like that? I was planning in disassembling the monitor to check for anything abnormal, but i see no visible screws.

Comment

Originally posted by Armament View Post
        How could i test for something like that? I was planning in disassembling the monitor to check for anything abnormal, but i see no visible screws.
        Is there the smell of ozone, or burning from the monitor?

The case must be held down by plastic clips then. You will have to pry the halves apart. There might also be some screws hiding behind stickers!
        Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

You cant really check other than visual. Monitor is probably just clips try an old credit card or butterknife -sometimes there are dismantle videos on youtube.
          Did you adjust the output from the pc to match the monitor - resolution and so on.
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by ben7 View Post
            Is there the smell of ozone, or burning from the monitor?

The case must be held down by plastic clips then. You will have to pry the halves apart. There might also be some screws hiding behind stickers!
            There isn't any smell coming from the monitor, there is a sticker behind there that shows the specifications. I'll see if there's anything behind there, also on any resolution the problem persists.

Comment

Working...
            X