• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell 3008wfp faulty power supply

Uploaded a video of what happens (epilepsy warning!!):

https://youtu.be/pyA_5wPEIKQ

Comment

does anybody know where to get new tcon and tab ic? for this monitor??

Comment

Hello,
        I repaired PSU 2or3 years ago(no power at all), as I can remember I just replaced diode D22.
        Monitor worked again perfectly until today.
        Now problem is different, lower 1/4 of LCD does not work (black or low light stripe lines on that area, see pic).
        Any idea what could be wrong?
        Thanx.
        Attached Files

Comment

You can try to touch the connectors on the side of the LCD panel, to check if there is a bad contact.

You can also watch norcal715's videos on YouTube, like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuwG5wqxTpE
          Last edited by dftntm; 10-23-2017, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dftntm View Post
            You can try to touch the connectors on the side of the LCD panel, to check if there is a bad contact.

You can also watch norcal715's videos on YouTube, like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuwG5wqxTpE
            Tried to press side connectors but no luck.
            Will try to clean cable connectors.
            Thanx

Comment

Hello, I have a similar fault on a 3008wfp, where the power light goes on then off and just a blank screen, I have check D22 and it tests ok with meter, but change it anyway to no avail,somebody somewhere has got the circuit diagram of this monster.

Comment

I have the same problem with my Dell 3008WFP monitor suspect the power supply is faulty but I am a novice at component level repair any help would be appreciated. I have attached some pictures of the board front and back. Grrr why does it only allow me to upload one file?????
                Attached Files
                Last edited by damoj11; 02-21-2018, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Recently repaired my 3008 by replacing Diode d22. Thanks to this wonderful forum, saved nearly 20k Indian Rupees.

If anyone else needs info, i will be glad to help.

Comment

Originally posted by deepaksesh View Post
                    Recently repaired my 3008 by replacing Diode d22. Thanks to this wonderful forum, saved nearly 20k Indian Rupees.

If anyone else needs info, i will be glad to help.
                    Thanks for the advice I will start with this and see how I go.
                    Cheers

Comment

Hello..I received faulty DELL 3008 WFP from ebay ..but psu is damaged too much ..somebody learn how to soldering...but me HP ZR30w 30" Widescreen IPS LCD Monitor have same lcd panel LM300WQ5..so i fix lcd panel from dell to hp but look on picture..is lcd display also faulty? i also swap lvds cable and 2 working boards from hp zr30w..but only vertical lines.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello..is there anybody out there?..Just nod if you can hear me.. is there anyone home?

Old thread I know, but my 3008 has finally become succumbed to being comfortably numb after 10 years of hard graft.

Blue power LED comes on, back-light comes on but no display.

No menu appears when front panel button pressed.

No self test appears when all input cables disconnected.

LVDS cable all ok, no disintegration of insulation.

F1 63V 2A fuse meters open

F2 63V 1A fuse meters OK.

D22: meter on AutoΩ shows following readings between the 3 legs:

|///////////////////////////////|
                        |______________________|
                        |---------------|-------------|
                        20MΩ..........ΩMeter+.......20MΩ

|______________________|
                        |---------------|-------------|
                        90kΩ...........Meter-.........90kΩ

I took pics of everything upon dismantling, both sides of all PCB's if anyone would like a look, and any input welcome as to what could possibly have caused fuse F1 to blow.

It was working and went off as I was using it.

I have a decent multimeter with diode setting but I cant remember how u put a charge on the diode with the meter to open it, so readings are taken on Auto Ohms setting with 1st diagram "+" to centre leg and 2nd diagram "-" to centre leg.

I've ordered an STMicroelectronics STPS60170CT to upgrade and replace D22 even though I think the original (STPS30120C) is OK based on the symptoms like the power LED and backlight working, but I don't really know too much about these Schottkey things or how to properly test them. I got it from LittleDiode.com in UK who have an ebay shop and their own website and cost a mighty £4.19 inc delivery.

I pulled it all apart fairly rapidly (bezel comes off easy if u have it screen side up and get your fingertips between where the bezel meets the screen and twist up the long sides up and away from the screen, then do the short sides and it all just falls apart).

Also I pulled the bezel away enough so I could take the 3 tiny screws out that hold the 6 button front control panel PCB to the back of the bezel and removed the control PCB that way, as the cable is stuck down and looked like it could get damaged on disassembly.

A soldering iron on the ferrite on the diode leg for a few seconds melts the glue and it slides right off.

Surprisingly all caps look 100% perfect, not a bulge or leak in sight.

Anyone have a part number for F1 or know what type fuse it is?

Also if anyone is out there, any idea where these 4 sprung plastic rivet things in the pic go.

Thanks

Adi...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Well the parts arrived this morning and replacing fuse T1 on the T-Con PCB worked. I also replaced D22 with the 170V version just for kicks.

Couldn't work out where those sprung plastic rivets came from, but I'm just thinking of the weight saving if I have to pull it off the wall again.

It is part of a multi monitor setup so would've been a pain not getting it working again.

If anyone stumbles across this heres a tip.

REMOVE THE FRONT BEZEL WITH THE SCREEN SIDE UP!

Get your fingertips between the bezel and the LCD panel and thumbs on the outside edge and pull the bezel up and backwards towards yourself, starting at long edges first then work on the short edges.

This way it really is a 5 minute job to get the bezel off.

Once the bezel is free u can lift the monitor upright and resting it on its bottom edge put a screwdriver between the back cover and the SD card slots module area and ease the BACK cover over the SD card module.

The front panel button assy comes off from the bezel rear with 3 tiny screws so u can remove it from the cable.

On reassembly screw the button panel back on the bezel first then its so easy to reconnect the cable to the PCB before putting the back cover on again.

PART NUMBERS:

D22: STPS60170CT DIODE, SCHOTTKY, 2X30A, 170V

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/pro...03&sku=1295334

T-Con Fuses:

F1: 0466002.NR FUSE, SMD, 2A, 1206, V FAST ACTING

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/pro...03&sku=9921877

F2: 0468001.NRHF FUSE, SLOW BLOW, 1A, 1206

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/pro...03&sku=2786403

www.littlediode.com

STPS60170CT
                          STMicroelectronics STPS60170CT Dual Schottky Diode Common Cathode 170V 60A

and on their Ebay shop:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STMicroel...-/173385936580
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Shadiii; 09-27-2019, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I'm just another happy owner that fixed 3008WFP by replacing D22

Over 10 years of daily work and monitor is still good and I see no reason to replace it.

Thank you.

Only one issue - it is somewhow noisy while brightess is low and monitor is cold, otherwise working as new.

Comment

The plastic prongs with springs are studs which hold the heatsinks down. I believe there are 2 each for the 2 chips (4 studs in total).

Comment

Hi guys!

I've got a Dell 3007 (not 3008) wfp display here that I think is acting the same way a few of yours are.

If I plug it in, it turns on and starts running through a pattern displaying several colours and brightness levels. No buttons are responsive. I think the blue light turns on but it maybe is off after it gets turned on? I forget.

As soon as I plug a source cable into it, it seems to power off, screen is blank and buttons still don't respond.

This sound like the typical fuse issue?

I've got a second one of these here so I can do some parts swapping to help troubleshoot. Both of these monitors have a zillion hours on them but seem pretty nice still.

Comment

Tell me what voltages need to be applied or what needs to be closed in order to start the power supply autonomously.

Comment

Do I need to load the line at 24V? How?

Comment

Originally posted by chsn View Post
                                      Tell me what voltages need to be applied or what needs to be closed in order to start the power supply autonomously.
                                      so no one knows? yes, you have to "raise" the scheme.

Comment

Cold part scheme, there are errors, we correct. JPG and Diptrace format.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys,

here's another instance of that pesky cable isolation crumbling, that cable became a real powder supply, everything's dirty ...
                                          Even one connector got so brittle that it broke ! The real wonder here is that it almost worked until yesterday, when slamming
                                          it hard didn't work out anymore. Practically all wires are shorted ! Apart from the isolation powder, there fell out 4 plastic stands,
                                          but only 3 springs .., I think I have to start worrying about that ... Already buyed some 18 strands x 0.1mm wire to rebuild that
                                          cable, I've to solder them directly to the board where the connector is broken. Got the wiring diagram, so we'll see what happens
                                          next. Hope that will fix the intermittent darkness, as that was always fixable by a hard slam until now. Of course, checking solder
                                          joints is on my list, too.
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by BeanLaden; 12-18-2023, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X