This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I hope I am doing this right I Should introduce myself my name is Jason I am an auto mechanic and have been a master mechanic for 15 years. However I am not a tv technician I have zero experience. I am an excellent diagnostic and electrical repair person. Testing & soldering capable.

I acquired several tvs at a recycling event, one of those is a 32mf301b. That will not power up and has no lights or noises whatsoever. Searching for information lead me to the site. My wife thinks that I am wasting time, but I don't think it would be a waste to get free flat screen TV and fix it cheaply. So I must prove her wrong and make her a believer.

I hope that is a sufficient introduction so that I can see the full site now, I am excited to learn more about making trash into treasure, and the hunt is on!

Comment

Welcome onboard.

Just for future reference, it's not a good idea to use your email address as your username. It's a great way of attracting spam. If you want to use it then that's fine, but you can PM myself or any of the moderators if you would prefer to change it
      Last edited by c_hegge; 05-07-2015, 01:00 AM.
      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Hello friends, I am a Norwegian, retired and living half the year in Cyprus. I was trained to be an electronics engineer, but has been working with marketing all my life, so I am not really that often doing hands on work. My problem right now is the LCD TV that I have bought in Cyprus, so I want to look for help. Hope I find the right forum.

Comment

I was hoping this intro would allow me to post my problem, but I am still being denied ?#¤"!

Comment

Hi,

I'm looking for some help repairing a 12 year old Philips 42" Plasma (with Samsung internals).

Hopefully I can now start posting

Rob.

Comment

Hi guys!!!! l' m joseph from Ghana, am honored to share and to learn from colleague repairers worldwide and my regards to everyone.
              Keep the good work.

Comment

Just joined up because I've read a few threads on here during the year or so I've been trying to learn component level repair. I'm currently in computer and phone repair, and am trying to learn how to fix circuit boards of all types. I've got one tv here I'm learning on and am trying to figure it out but find I'm getting confused by the results, so hopefully I can find some answers here and hopefully some day be able to help others.

Comment

Hello everyone! Im a new member from Minnesota!

Comment

I don't no if this is a post or not if not not ill keep trying

Comment

well must be I see it this dumpster find is faster than my commodore 64 found a Toshiba c6555dot it up and running does not have lotus 123 on it

Comment

Howdy all, new nerd in these parts.

Comment

Hey to all, just joining up and hoping to learn a lot from all of you. Grew up in AL but been living/working in MN longer. In high school worked after school and weekends at a radio / TV repair shop for a really neat guy who taught me a lot. Unfortunately that was in the 1970's and the knowledge attained from having memorized all the RCA / Zenith / Quasar tube types doesn't help me a whole lot now.

Somehow I got off track and got a ChemEngr degree and have been doing chemical process work for 32 yrs. But I've always managed somehow to get pulled into PI&C work, PLC programming, systems/tech troubleshooting, etc. So I've always felt like I missed my real calling; i.e. electric and solid state circuits. I've got decent skills with a Fluke meter but can't follow a schematic to save my life.

Just had a Samsung flatscreen LCDTv to die and hoping to make that my tutorial project here. Enough yaking ...

Comment

Hello.
                            Not sure what to say. I found this forum because I'm trying to fix a tv.
                            I do conservation for a museum and enjoy doing woodworking and restoring furniture. I taught myself how to work computers many years ago and can do some lightweight repair work. I'm not too afraid to take things apart and try to fix them. It's just getting them put back together without too many left over parts that can be the problem.
                            :-)
                            Anyway, I have been enjoying reading some posts and maybe I can get some help and even be able to contribute some info.

Comment

Another new guy here, but a long time lurker, these forums are full of so much good information. I’m an electrician at a cement plant; I maintain switch gear, electric motors, run conduit and those sorts of things. Like most people here, I like to tinker, see how things work and hopefully fix a few things too.

Comment

I prefer to fly under the radar...
                                My foray into the world of computers and electronics started a long time ago when things were much different to what they are today. I love repairing things and problem solving. In my neck of the woods I get more than a few thumbs up and referrals that encourage me to keep on tinkering. How did I come to Badcaps.net? I found a link to the site while researching an issue... a clear indication that no one individual is the repository of all knowledge... Registering was the next logical step so here I am. BTW, thanks to Topcat for the invitation.

Comment

well hello guys, i'm here trying to repair an LG W2043s... I'm just checking this site.
                                  I'd also recommend yoreparo.com, it's a good site if you speak spanish.

Comment

I am an E.E. and work designing electronic products but not computers. I have joined this site so that I can get some help in finding schematics so that I can repair my computers.

Comment

Hello everyone my name is David, I'm 29 and I'm a TV technician. I wanted to know if I can participate in forum discussions?

Comment

hELLO, thank you for accomodating me here. I am Jeff, also a computer technician, from philippines. I would like also to contribute as well as asking questions mostly on repairs and techniques. All the best and long live badecaps forum!

Comment

hello friends, myself preet & am Mobile & laptop technician.

Comment

Working...
                                          X