Help with Cannon iP4850 Printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with Cannon iP4850 Printer

If not the power board, it's probably the logic board. Are they easy to troubleshoot and repair? Or not worth it?

Comment

Faulty on button? you are pressing the power on button?

Was the printer yours - have you seen it working?

A lot of stuff we try and fix on here is not worth fixing A lot do it just for the experience.
      There may be another fuse on the logic board or something we can spot -if you want to continue put up some pictures - anyway US members will be online now perhaps some have printer experience. I have to say I have about 10 faulty printers but they all switch on !!!

I found a partial manual but no schematics.
      Last edited by selldoor; 07-21-2014, 08:37 AM.
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

There is a service manual here for the 4200 series which may be similar
        would be better if we could find a 4100 series one.

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...50cae7c108.pdf
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Canon builds their inkjets so that when the print head has a problem it kills the logic board.

This will appear to be a no power issue with the printer being totally dead.
          This can happen while printing or for no reason just sitting there powered on.

You can find more information about Canon inkjets at Printer Knowledge forum under Canon Printers.

Comment

Originally posted by ron350 View Post
            Canon builds their inkjets so that when the print head has a problem it kills the logic board.

This will appear to be a no power issue with the printer being totally dead.
            This can happen while printing or for no reason just sitting there powered on.

You can find more information about Canon inkjets at Printer Knowledge forum under Canon Printers.
            Wow thanks! I didn't know that, but is there a way to test that?

How would I know if it's a print head problem?

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
              Faulty on button? you are pressing the power on button?

Was the printer yours - have you seen it working?

A lot of stuff we try and fix on here is not worth fixing A lot do it just for the experience.
              There may be another fuse on the logic board or something we can spot -if you want to continue put up some pictures - anyway US members will be online now perhaps some have printer experience. I have to say I have about 10 faulty printers but they all switch on !!!

I found a partial manual but no schematics.
              Yes printer was mine.

I left it to print a lot of pages, and came back and it was off. It wouldn't come back on. Before this it used to print fine.

Comment

The only way for the public to test a Canon print head is to put it in a working printer and see if it works or kills the good printer.

Same thing with a bad logic board it will kill a good print head.
                There are no schematics for the public so don’t waste your time
                If you did have a schematic the only thing you could repair might be the power supply and I have never seen a bad iP power supply.

Comment

Working...
                X