This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Howdy everyone. I'm a ham operator, and found this site while researching capacitor reforming. I have a handful of 18k microfarad electrolytic caps from the 1980's that I want to make into a battery tab spot welder.
    Beyond that, I have been building and taking computers apart since I was 15 when I got my first laptop, a Mac Powerbook (the exact model has been lost to the fog of time; I think it was an 180c).
    I'm looking forward to learning a whole lot!

Acer

Comment

Hey! I've been going all day long trying to figure out what to do about my busted plasma, just found this place and it looks promising.

Comment

Hey there,

Here for some help with static bands on a TVs and this seems to be the place to get that help!

Personally build and repair computers so hope to give back some advice in that category.

Comment

Ah, to be young like you guys First system I ever saw was an IBM 705 mainframe, with a whopping 20K of core memory and a dozen or so tape drives. My Dad worked in payroll for the City of NY and I would go in on weekends with him and help change tapes during sorts.

Comment

Allo, I'm a Purdue Technology major planning a career in board repair. I hope this broke ass newb can get all the sch and .brd files I need to learn the trade.
            Cheers,
            Jay

Comment

Hi.there..!i'm new memb..i work as individual technician,i'm earlier and still learnin..so
              i need this guy,this forum is usefull.thank's at all...

Comment

Hi,

Just made an account since I'm not that knowlegable about electronics 😅

Comment

Hi registered quite awhile ago, just to read and see the pics, now I find out I have to post and do something else to edit my profile/info so here goes.

Comment

Hi. I just joined so I could get the details (and see the pics) that others had posted for repairing a Samsung PN64F8500AF Plasma TV. Amazing site you have here. And I've learned all I have to do is replace 4 small monolithic ceramic leaded (not SMD) caps. The issue has to do with the TV not powering on. My friend gave me the TV because it failed on him and he just bought a new one (different model). Actually he didn't just give it to me free (he paid $3500 for it 4 years ago), I successfully repaired his high-end audio amplifier (Classe Model 25). It had (low and behold) a bunch of bad caps! He runs this amp 24/7 and so after many years the caps dried out.

I just turned 60 years old and have been involved in electronics all my life (since I was in grammar school in the 60's) because of my dad. I built my first PC in 1974. When I say built, I mean I soldered all the components to the boards: Caps, Resistors, DIP IC's (no SMD in those days). It was a SOL-20 kit from Processor Technology. Google it.

My dad started a company in the 1970's called CCV (Central California Video) originally to sell and repair video recording equipment. The video recorders in those days were called VTR's for Video Tape Recorder. This was before their was a video cassette. I was trained a Sony school to be able to repair their equipment. In the late 70's my dad was approached by someone to have him design a video camera for pipeline inspection (sewer lines and water wells). That's when the business really took off. My dad designed a camera that operated off a single coaxial cable (video, power, remote control for focus and iris control). The camera had its own lighting (and you needed a lot of light in those days with cameras that were not very sensitive). Anyway I worked for my dad's company until we sold it to Aries Industries in 2000.

I think that is enough rambling about me, so hopefully I will have full access to the site now. Thanks for this great forum. Should have joined long ago.

Comment

Hi !
                      I'm Lepak from France. Electronics is my hobby
                      I learn every day. and i hope learn more with badcaps.net

from this great forum.
                      thumbs up , too !

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello,

My name is Dan, new to forum. Looking for help with my pioneer plasma tv. Will be posting some questions in tv repair thread. I see this place is very informative, I hope someone can help me.

Thx
                          Dan

Comment

Hello, my name is Heider, new to the forum.
                            I'm living in Germany close to Munich and my English is rather bad.
                            I'm 73 years old and started my electric/electronic education with tubes.
                            Repairing different things from my family and friends I've got also some LCD-TVs.
                            That's the reason for joining this community.
                            I will post my questions separately.
                            Regards

Comment

Hello ! mihalis from greece

Comment

Hello,
                                I do electronic repair on my spare time.

Would like to learn more on computer repair and SMT work

Thank you so much
                                Regards

Comment

Hello, World!
                                  Seems good forum!

Comment

Hi everyone! i am Sercen from Turkey and experted electronics and computer systems

Comment

Zulu-USA

Engineer
                                      50 yrs old

Lots of HP laptops that I like to play around with.

Great forum, hope to be able to contribute constructively

Comment

Hello my name is Ruben and i am from The Netherlands, always been interested in electronics and computer systems

Comment

hi
                                          eveerybody. My name is Ratheesh. I am from INDIA. In INDIA my proper place is in kerala . i joined in this forum 02-21-2016. i am working as laptop technician.

Comment

Working...
                                          X