Raspberry Pi server setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raspberry Pi server setup

When i first started this i deiced i was not gonna buy a case, so i rigged one up out of a old PSU
    [long PSU story]
    at 1st i used a usb port from my desktop to power the system (probably the best power source it ever had; seasonc M12II-520)
    later i got a wall wort but the coil wine was annoying, alter i 'upgranded' to a molex power adapter i found on newegg cause that can run both my switch and my pi and only use 1 outlet, ended up using my desktop's usb port to help run 1/2 the stuff cause it was a POS and was probably what caused me well over a year of gripe trying to figure out what was causing a odd audio sound in my audio playback, turns out i had 2 corrupt audio files, eventually i opened up some better wallworts stuck them together and shoved them in the case and used that for a couple years, then caps went bad popped in a spare board used that a few weeks while i got a mouser order together, replaced the caps with quality ones, but i also got some quality PSUs with my order that i thought MIGHT fit, well it turns out they did with a little work...
    [/long PSU story]

at one point i had a small solderless breadboard in the case and an now very old model B pi, upgraded to a pi b+ and a soldered board i made

recently i had to get a fan grill to put on top of the fan grill, cause my fat cat is heavy enough to bend the one built on the box to the point it hits the fan

past photos:
    https://imgur.com/a/pqUgI
    https://imgur.com/a/NjDAK
    *the relay was replaced with a transistor

the front toggle switch is a pause/play for music
    the voltage toggle slide switch is a cut off for the fan if something gets in the fan
    i have a button on my desk that serves 5 uses hooked to it based on how long it is held
    i have a button on the rear of the case for reboot/shutdown that has a bad wire i need to replace (only needed if ssh is down)

at one point i was having some issued like the usb system going down on it the only I/O i had was via gpio; i found the cause it turns out if you unplug a ipod shuffle from the charger cable while the usb plug is connected it makes a short something and that crashes the usb controller
    Attached Files

Re: Raspberry Pi server setup

funny thing is, you could have used the original psu and just removed everything other than the standby supply components!!

Comment

when you say original psu i assume you mean the board that was in the case not the usb power

Comment

yes, it has 1-2A 5v standby supply!

Comment

Working...
        X