This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't I remove posts

how can i remove my posts as i think i may have done it wrong by not getting good pics up from the first post.
    is it possible for me to remove old posts and then try get somthing a bit better up with good pics and better description of my problems with mt lg lcd 32lc2d-en telly thank you.
    ps cracking site.

Re: remove posts

you cannot. only mods and topcat can.

don't remove those, update the thread with better pics. thats what we all do around here...
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Hmmm. Badcaps actually seems to be the only forum I can't remove posts from.

EDIT: Oh, my goodness! me. I AM tired. That's because badcaps is the only forum I'm not a mod on.
      Last edited by c_hegge; 05-25-2011, 05:27 AM.
      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

thanks mate i was gonna redo my post and try and make it better with photos knew to using forums and the like.

Comment

I dislike the time limit for editing. Most recently, I was writing about which cap to replace a cap with (in my own thread), and someone corrected me on the series name. I wanted to change it in the original post, but it was like: You can't.

Comment

Honestly, being unable to edit your own posts a half hour later on a forum mostly of factual objective information seems pretty pointless... since it isn't likely there'll be a situation where an immature poster would go back and edit what he said to remove evidence, so to speak. That's the only reason I could imagine removing that for.

For information and stuff, it can be pretty confusing if you're looking something up, think you have the answer, then later find that the correct info was actually in another post made to correct the first.

I'd say a day would be a better choice if there is to be a time limit... or at least, not until there is another post after the one you try to edit, which would help limit double posting, too.

Just my 2 cents, I'm sure you've heard it all before.

Comment

^
              It's happened before. i thought the same way as most until I checked the forum one day and some d-bag decided to remove all his posts.....which reeked havoc on threads. Never again. Be thankful it's not 10 minutes like it used to be.

PS:
              I did just up it to an hour from 30 minutes..........if you don't have your post squared away within an hour, that's just silly and too bad!
              <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
              Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
              http://folding.stanford.edu/
              Team : 49813
              Join in!!
              Team Stats

Comment

^ or contact a Mod

kept in the FAQ, as I am SURE this gets asked a lot. Also did a slight title mod and made sticky.
                sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post

EDIT: Oh, my goodness! me. I AM tired. That's because badcaps is the only forum I'm not a mod on.
                  How many forums are you a member of?

Comment

Re: Why can't I remove posts

The ability to edit your posts is always welcome.

On the other hand it really pisses me off when posts in other 'respectable community' sites can, and do, get deleted by a mod because of a naughty word - just happened to me this morning, had to do another, not-so-short post all over again. PITA
                    < self-righteous mod
                    System: HP xw6600 Workstation, 650W PSU | 2x Intel Xeon Quad E5440 @2.83GHz | 8x 1GB FB-DDR2 @ 667MHz | Kingston/Intel X25-M 160GB SSD | 2x 1TB Spinpoint F3, RAID0 | 1x 1TB Spinpoint F3, backup | ATI FireGL V7700 512MB | Sony Optiarc DVD +/-RW | Win 7 Ultimate x64 | 2x Dell UltraSharp U2410f | Dell E248WFP

Comment

It's a good idea posts can be removed

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post

..... cant say that anymore, eh?
                        Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

All forums i know all have same policy concerning editing as this one and no one can delete posts but Mods

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
                            no one can delete posts but Mods
                            Seems to be the default for phpBB. (at least 3x)

Topcat isn't using phpBB anymore...
                            Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 03-05-2014, 05:21 PM.
                            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Yeah, I know I am posting in a thread that's been dragged up from the arc...

However, This not being allowed to remove your own post... you'll possibly find that it's to prevent the sensible ones on the forum looking like a spoon.

Imagine you reply to this and say something to me, I then removed my post, you'd look like a rusty spoon too (Useless) replying to....... nothing?

Just be thankful for small mercies, There are a lot of forums out there which won't even allow you to edit your own posts

Comment

how do i post my own message

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisLenhart2014 View Post
                                  how do i post my own message
                                  go the the main section where you want to start your thread on the top left theres a blue box NEW THREAD just click that.

Comment

Why I can not create a new theme? Thanks for answer.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DeniS182 View Post
                                      Why I can not create a new theme? Thanks for answer.
                                      I was thinking the same thing...I get an error saying I have to start one new thread to sort-of "activate" my account, and it says the instructions on how to do that are in a PM I can't find....grr!

Comment

Originally posted by dumpystig View Post
                                        The ability to edit your posts is always welcome.
                                        On the other hand it really pisses me off when posts in other 'respectable community' sites can, and do, get deleted by a mod because of a naughty word - just happened to me this morning, had to do another, not-so-short post all over again. PITA
                                        < self-righteous mod
                                        I agree 100%

Comment

Working...
                                        X