Clear All

Capacitor Catalogs and Apps Info

Catalogs:
    http://www.nichicon-us.com/english/seihin/index.html

http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/.../capacitor.htm

http://www.rubycon.co.jp/en/catalog/capacitors.html

Apps Pages:

http://www.chemi-con.com/u7002/toc.php

Nichicon's and UCC's apps pages have the most info, but they're pretty technoid. Cornell Dubilier's Application Guide is very readable; CDE has good products, but they don't make the small can types this site is all about.
    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Re: Capacitor Catalogs and Apps Info

We rely on customer field failure rate data because
    from an economic and practical standpoint,
    it would be impossible to acquire sufficient up-todate
    reliability information from our laboratory to
    assess our present levels of reliability performance...
    : sample from that good article :

Customer above I assume to be military spec. OEM's.
    This goes on to say they screw around with the Electrolite formula.
    I think it's like that new wave Coke formula, they will be adding lime and vanilla to the capacitors.
    Cherry Electrolitics?
    Jim

Comment

You have to drink first arneson

Comment

I just checked the links above. The Nichicon, Rubycon and CDE links still work. The UCC site or the route to it didn't work, so it needs to be checked later. The new url for Panasonic's caps (all types) is: http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/...capacitive.htm.
        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

I just checked the link above to UCC's catalog. It "works" but looks like it hasn't been updated since 2005. I think the webpage exists and can be accessed, but is basically abandoned. Here is a link you can use to get current catalog info:

http://www.chemi-con.co.jp/english/catalog_e/top.html

Near the bottom of the page, select "Miniture" (I know how to spell "miniature," but UCC's page has a spelling error).
          PeteS in CA

Comment

http://www.jianghai-europe.com/ and then "Products" in the left navigation

Comment

none of the links work.

Comment

Did you notice the date stamp on the initial post? Rather than complaining, why not use a minute bit of Google-Fu, find the current urls for the catalogs of Nichicon, Panasonic, Rubycon and United Chemicon and post what you find here?
                PeteS in CA

Comment

Like i said none of these links work. I can read or i wouldn't be here! Does everybody on forums become jerks because they can't be seen?

Comment

You might start by asking that question of yourself, though I suspect I could predict your answer.
                    PeteS in CA

Comment

Wowzers! It took me all of two minutes on a not very fast connection to find Panasonic Electrolytic Capacitors! Still, complaining about the old links was faster than helping BadCaps forum folk by finding current links, I suppose.
                      PeteS in CA

Comment

Get a life dude! I am just trying to help out the site not pick a fight with a prick. I bet 90 percent of your posts are the same trash you keep recirculating just keep your post count high.

Comment

^
                          Time to cool down there bud...
                          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                          Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                          http://folding.stanford.edu/
                          Team : 49813
                          Join in!!
                          Team Stats

Comment

If somebody would post or pm me fresh links, I'll update the post. Otherwise, this thread has no place in the FAQ.
                            sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

hi i want replace ost rlx 470uf 16v with 470uf 16v SANYO SEPC Aluminum solid Capacitor but the difference is in Rated ripple current (mArms) is it possible

Comment

Depends on where (VGA, MB, PSU etc.). Other than that, I recommend starting up your own thread about the device itself in appropriate section.
                                Last edited by Behemot; 01-18-2015, 10:54 AM.
                                Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                                Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

I haven't been long on this site.......but PeteS in CA is one of the people I respect very much for his knowledge.....He is one who would measure twice and then cut once.

Comment

Working...
                                  X