• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Emachines T3256

ya i think so too, FIC will send me 1 for $15 + shipping

Comment

Well i performed a HOT FLASH and it worked I was able to hot flash it to the backup bios file i made befor flashing.

But now im back to the original problum. The CPU only reads as a 1.2 and it is a AMD 2800+ witch should read earther 2.0 or 2.2 ( i dont remember witch core it is)
      The ram speed is showing at 333. How can i get the CPU to its full speed?? Is there a bios update out there?

Thanks for all the help

Comment

I could be wrong but I don't think that the speed reported in your bios controls the speed of the proc.
        That chip should be running at it's rated speed regaurdless of the bios missidentifying it.
        Run any benchmarking on it?
        Jim

Comment

not yet, but the weard thing is it us to read the proper speed in the BIOS, post screen and in windows. I installed another stick of ram and its been like that ever since. I removed the new ram and it still reads wrong. Its very weard to me.

Comment

have you sett the FSB of the CPU to 133 or 166MHZ /333 in the BIOS setup?
            Most mainboards are running at default on 100 or 133mhz, to reach the full speed you have to manually set this in the setup. Some older boards still require some jumper setting.
            E.g the K7S8x/e/+ boards all need the jumper seting to choose the right PCI/AGP divider, and then you coud use the biose to go further.

Comment

A Hotflash! That can be very dangerous but I'm glad to see it worked for you Here's a link to the AU31 Manual
              There's a FSB jumper you need to switch. Diagram is on page 7.

Comment

2Mb Flash EEPROM with Award BIOS
                - ACPI v2.0 compliant
                - S3 (Suspend to DRAM) sleep-state support
                - SMBIOS (System Management BIOS) v2.2 compliant
                - Supports Power failure recovery

That's a lot of BIOS.
                Makes me wonder if the v2.2 thing allows to self recover?
                Jim

Comment

gonzo0815,
                  Well this BIOs does not let you change ant CPU or Memory speeds or timings at all. The jumper if set to 133.

Mustang,
                  ya i dont like to hotflash(this ose my first time thow) but i figured i had nothing to lose. LOL

Comment

Unless you don`t put the chip in the wrong side, there is no problem with hotflashing. Have this done with variouse devics without sever problem. The only thing was when i put the chip in with the false direction, the chip was getting so hot that the BIOS lable was melting. But anyway, the chip was not dead.
                    But any way, if you can`t set this in the bios setup, you have to flip the jumpers arround or your board is not kapable running at the required fsb.

Comment

the motherboard os a 333FSB board. The jumper is on correct. It was running at he rated speed, i installed more ram and now its not at rated speed.

Comment

I have a emachine T2865 . It is using AU31 motherboard. The minute I load optimal Bios settings and change jumper for a AMD XP 2.8 Cpu to run at 266mhz I get crash on startup and continual windows XP Startup loop! If I set jumper to 100mhz all runs fine except cpu only at 1252mhz instead of in the 2.2 range .

Comment

does your ram support 266?
                          check out your psu too.

Comment

Ram is 512mb DDR333 thats what came standard in this emachine! This is a typical emachine that had a bad power supply toasted motherboard friend was tossing so I figured it would be another project to play with ! Your probably right on power supply but i THINK IT MAY BE MOTHERBOARD CAPS! made mistake of buying another emachine motherboard on ebay. Guy had hundreds I think I know why!

Thanks!

Comment

if it was wounded by the bestec blow em up psu its trash.
                              if there are bulging caps it might respond to a recap.
                              i too get lots of evilmachines mobos to rebuild and sell.
                              the am37 usually dies of bad bestec.
                              most have rubycon mbz caps.
                              imperial series about 50/50 bad caps/bestec.

Comment

Working...
                              X