Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE65JS8500 UE65JS8500LX 5 blinks

Hi,
    Have this curved TV for repair. I have noticed 5 blinks then goes to standby and cycle repeats. Seems responds to remote commands but backlights not lit
    What I have done so far:
    • Disconnected power supply from Main Board and TCON. (this model has a connector lead to TCON as well) -> Backlight lit on but have noticed that LEDS are purplish.
    • Tried ALL 16 sets of LEDs (8 LED sets per connector) with my LED tester and all Lit up although again purplish not that intense.
    • Disconnected Panel LVDS Connectors but same error code.

Am not sure if this model detects the low emittance of the LEDs and goes to error state.
    Any hints on this model?

Re: Samsung UE65JS8500 UE65JS8500LX 5 blinks

Check all the voltages on the connector from the PSU to main board and see if there is something missing. While purple LEDS aren’t the best, at least they did turn on with the main board disconnected and stayed on. Right now I think you are barking at the wrong tree. post the PIN number, name and the voltage measured with tv On and Off.

Comment

Did you see if the TV powers up with only one side connected at a time between the tcon and panel?

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
        Did you see if the TV powers up with only one side connected at a time between the tcon and panel?
        Yes any or both no difference.

Comment

Main board is faulty. Please upoload the picture of the board, I need to see where eeprom and eMMC IC/ NAND are located, also check voltages on line voltage regulators directly after switch on- one of them could be dropping. Chcek if 12V to screen is present

Comment

UPDATE: FULL MODEL UE65JS8500TXZT VERSION: 01

These are the voltages from ps at standby and On

CNM803
            ------------STBY ON
            2 GND -0 0
            4 GND -0 0
            6 GND -0 0
            8 GND -0 0
            10 OD LEVEL- 0 3.3
            12 ANA DIM- 0 3.3
            14 OD ON/OFF- 0 3.3
            16 BLU_ON/OFF- 0 0
            18 POWER ON/OFF- 0 3.3
            20 GND- 0 0
            22 GND- 0 0
            1 VAMP- 9 12.8
            3 VAMP- 9 12.8
            5 VAMP- 9 12.8
            7 A13V- 9 12.8
            9 GND- 0 0
            11 FAIL_COUNT- 2.5 2.5
            13 A13V- 9 12.8
            15 A13V- 9 12.8
            17 A13V- 9 12.8
            19 A13V- 9 12.8
            21 GND- 0 0

The BLU_ON/OFF signal (pin 16) is ,kept TTL_Low from main board. I have disconnected this pin 16 from main board side. There is 3.3v coming from power supply now on this pin. But backlights still not switched on. If I remove CN9003 (power supply to TCON) backlights on but still same fault.

CN9003 has the PWM signals from TCON to Backlight circuit in power supply.
            TCON supply 12v is actually being supplied from main board. 2 blue LEDs on TCON are lit when ON

Now its a chicken and egg problem Is it the TCON not sending signals to supply or main board faulty or detecting another fault??

Probably I can only get help from any Samsung expert that have had experience on the JS series.

Attached Files
            Last edited by alltvrepairs; 02-07-2022, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sucher View Post
              Main board is faulty. Please upoload the picture of the board, I need to see where eeprom and eMMC IC/ NAND are located, also check voltages on line voltage regulators directly after switch on- one of them could be dropping. Chcek if 12V to screen is present
              uploaded, see my comments. Tks

Comment

Purple leds and the fail count, seems to be bad led backlights.

Comment

Have found service manual for the JS9500 series but is very different from the JS8500 series.
                  Anyone has this SM available please?

Comment

The backlights are fine I think? In the US model of this TV UN65JS8500 it’s a quantum dot TV. These tv use blue leds and not white. The layers i between the screen have nano dot technology and turn the blue backlight to a pure white.

Comment

Most likely the main board as mentioned. It could be the eeprom is corrupt but it sure.

Comment

Oh I see, did not know that, thanks for explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Storyteller12 View Post
                          The backlights are fine I think? In the US model of this TV UN65JS8500 it's a quantum dot TV. These tv use blue leds and not white. The layers i between the screen have nano dot technology and turn the blue backlight to a pure white.
                          Tks I wasn't aware of this! It was a big help indeed!

SO far found closer SM for:
                          UE65JU7500T chassis UWJ50
                          UE65JS9500F chassis UWH50

UE65JS8500 chassis ???

Comment

We haven't even been able to confirm blink codes for LG and Samsung TVs.

We know that Panasonic, Sony, Sharp and Pioneer (most likely) OTOH, routinely give blink codes for a malfunction.

But, it looks like you got one, where 5-blinks, is possibly the equivalent to Sony's 6-blinks. (The recent Sony TV that my father and mom had, suddenly gave 6-blinks at 1 Hz, (IIRC) stops and repeats)

Went to YouTube after that, IIRC, then IIRC, YouTube videos indicate either a bad mainboard or bad LEDs in the case of that Sony TV, which we don't have anymore.

Simply wasn't durable like the Sony TV that my brother-in-law has! I believe the Sony TV that my brother-in-law has, is still trucking along!
                            Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 02-07-2022, 12:29 PM.
                            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

The backlights are fine I think? In the US model of this TV UN65JS8500 it's a quantum dot TV. These tv use blue leds and not white. The layers i between the screen have nano dot technology and turn the blue backlight to a pure white.
                              Screen CY-XJ065FLLV4H
                              I don't think it is a Quantum Dot display but a SUHD

Service Manual for the JU7500 series says:
                              • . How to distinguish if the problem is caused by Main Board or T CON.
                              • - No Video
                              • If the problem is No Video but BLU is on and Indication LED is blinking repeatedly and faster than nomal booting, replace the T-CON board.
                              • - Distorted Picture

Check the inner patterns.

If I apply this logic to my case, my BLU signal is 0v so more inclined to a main board.
                              Last edited by alltvrepairs; 02-07-2022, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alltvrepairs View Post
                                Screen CY-XJ065FLLV4H
                                I don't think it is a Quantum Dot display but a SUHD

Service Manual for the JU7500 series says:
                                • . How to distinguish if the problem is caused by Main Board or T CON.
                                • - No Video
                                • If the problem is No Video but BLU is on and Indication LED is blinking repeatedly and faster than nomal booting, replace the T-CON board.
                                • - Distorted Picture

Check the inner patterns.

If I apply this logic to my case, my BLU signal is 0v so more inclined to a main board.

If I'm not mistaken the SUHD is quantum dot. It just wasn't marketed as that until 2018 or 2019 when they rebranded as QLED to compete with LG OLED. If you removed the screen you can see the layers in between. 1 will be a yellowish color instead of white.
                                That's the quantum dot layer.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Storyteller12; 02-08-2022, 12:11 PM.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken the SUHD is quantum dot. It just wasn't marketed as that until 2018 or 2019 when they rebranded as QLED to compete with LG OLED. If you removed the screen you can see the layers in between. 1 will be a yellowish color instead of white.
                                  That's the quantum dot layer.
                                  Yes you are right. SUHD = QLED first generation. DIdn't know it myself but made some research after your comment.

Now am trying to find a good price for Main Board and possibly TCON

Comment

I have this same tv with the back cover off already. Everything is working. If i can help let me know

Comment

I think it’s most likely the eeprom. Can you probe the eeprom pins and let us know what you get. Almost all samsung main boards I have fail are from eeprom with the exception of a few.

Do you have an eeprom programmer?
                                      Since I have the same boards I can read my eeproms and upload. Keep in mind it’s the US version

Comment

I have this same tv with the back cover off already. Everything is working. If i can help let me know

Hi, So I will take the offer these are 3 tests that can help me and possibly others with problems in this chassis.

1) If you disconnect the TCON from the main board what happens? Backlight is ON (Y/N)? Does it give any error (Y/N)? Sound OK on HDMI (Y/N)

2) If you just take out both panel to tcon ribbons , Backlight is ON (Y/N)? Does it give any error? (Y/N) (Y/N)

3) If everything in place except the LED connectors. Backlight is ON (Y/N)? Does it give any error (N) ? Sound OK on HDMI (Y/N)

Comment

Working...
                                        X