Bestec ATX-250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bestec ATX-250

In changing memory module the "PWR S/W" (black and white wires) became disconnected from the board. The board is a Bestec ATX-250-12E in an eMachines T2893 tower. Can someone put me on a schematic for that board or just tell me where to reconnect the "PWR S/W connector

Re: Bestec ATX-250

Junk the PSU. The worstec ATX-250-12E has flaws in it's 5vsb rail, which causes it to fail after a few years, dilevering way over 5 volts and frying the motherboard.
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Greetings, and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you are describing the wires connecting the POWER switch on the case to the main printed circuit board inside the case. Is that correct? The Model number you gave, Bestec ATX-250 12E is the model number of the power supply, which is inside the metal box with that label on it.

That model power supply is very controversial. It has a serious design flaw, and with time is known to not only go bad, but also to burn out the main printed circuit board and other assessory components.

I do not have an emachines computer, but have worked on a number of Bestec power supplies. The Bestec ATX-250 12E cannot be trusted unless it has serious modification of the 5vsb circuit. I am sure some of the others can help you with the location where that Power switch wiring attaches to the main pc board.
      Old proverb say.........If you shoot at nothing, you will hit nothing (George Henry 10-14-11)

Comment

Couldn't find much information on what your motherboard model is, but a few sites said it's an Intel D845GVSR (also under the name of SEABREEZE-T3). If you have the CD that came with your T2893, see if there's a motherboard manual in there. If not, here's the manual for the Intel D845GVSR (I suggest that you look at it closely in order to verify that you have the same motherboard).

Page 32 of the manual says pin 6 is the power switch, so I guess you'll want to connect the power switch on pins 6 and 8 (8 is ground).

Before you do anything, however, take everell's advice and replace the power supply. That particular Bestec is known to be problematic.

Comment

Working...
        X