Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wireless Router only works 'Wired'

Originally posted by B757 View Post
    I flashed my router's firmware (D-Link Di-624, sort of old but works) yesterday and now I'm getting this problem. Ethernet works fine, but internet on wireless drops on a regular basis - my wireless card talks to the router just fine but after about 10 minutes I get no Internet. I usually have to disconnect from the router and then reconnect, in which case it then works for another 10 minutes before Internet again gets dropped. This was not an issue before the firmware flash.

FYI it is not overheating. I've already rigged a heatsink onto the hottest chip on the router's PCB and also over a really hot voltage regulator, and I've rigged an 80mm fan over it. It runs super cool now. No blown caps either.
    Really hot voltage regulator might suggest a bad walwart or bad filtering due to bad caps in router (don't quite remember what that router looked like inside). D-Link was notorious for bad power supplies back when the 624 was new (at least around here). So see if you can find another powerbrick around the house with the correct voltages and polarity and try that.

Comment

Re: Wireless Router only works 'Wired'

I rolled the drivers back a few generations and now it works fine, though I now lose WPA2. No big deal, WPA and a long password is good enough. Thanks!

The thing has Lelons though, though I'm not particularly intent on pumping any money into this old thing. Also the general capacitors area is very cool so not worried at all.

Comment

Working...
      X