CRT image Tweeking? Viewsonic PS790.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRT image Tweeking? Viewsonic PS790.

Hello. I have some nice CRT displays. Its been some time since I have used them. The Viewsonic is actually working very well. But, I noticed a minor issue with the image.

Images with an overall, low brightness appear very blue. Instead of dark gray, it is dark blue. With a full black raster, the screen is a very dark blue.

I also have a Sony CRT monitor which does the same thing, except dark imagery has a distinct red tint.

For full-brightness imagery the screens appear to have excellent color balance.

I was thinking this could be a gamma issue, but my video card/driver (AMD radeon) does not have the ability to change gamma on each color channel.

Is this normal for CRT monitors? I have been using LCD for so long that I have forgotten if this is what CRTs were like back in the day. I don't remember them this way.

I have the service manuals for both monitors. Could there be a mismatch in the 3 color channels that would cause this? What is the possibility of tweaking them so that the color is balanced for low-brightness imagery?
    Has anyone done this before?

Re: CRT image Tweeking? Viewsonic PS790.

The problem is likely the crt emission is getting low, I don't believe this monitor has any manual crt bias an drive adjustment controls, If I remember you need service software to access the adjustments
    Last edited by R_J; 06-11-2020, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Re: CRT image Tweeking? Viewsonic PS790.

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      The problem is likely the crt emission is getting low, I don't believe this monitor has any manual crt bias an drive adjustment controls, If I remember you need service software to access the adjustments
      I thought an aged CRT would show a dim and blurry image. But this CRT is bright and sharp overall. It is just low-brightness images are blueish.

I did look at the service manual and saw a data port. I imagine the adjustment software is long gone.

Comment

Working...
      X