Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell 2007fpb no power

Originally posted by Michele31415 View Post
    I'm somewhat surprised they used such a high-rated part, and heat-sinked at that.
    That's because big manufacturers often get the parts in large bulk quantities, and there probably wasn't much of a price difference between getting this particular bridge rectifier and a cheaper one. Thus, it always puzzles me why some cheap manufacturers choose to use 4 individual diodes sometimes instead of one single bridge rectifier. Speaking of which, if you do have 4 spare diodes rated for 1.5 Amps or more and 400V reverse voltage or more, you could use those to at least test the monitor while waiting for the bridge rectifier to arrive.

Comment

Well I got my new rectifrier, soldered it in, reconnected all those tiny micro-Molex connectors, and plugged it in. And hey presto, it works! The little LED's on the bezel buttons came on, the backlight came on, and the bouncing "No signal" message appeared on the screen. Final tally: one shorted brdge rectifier, one blown-up electrolytic, one open fuse. Case closed. Thanks for the help.

Comment

You're welcome. Glad to hear everything worked out .

Comment

Hi All I need the manual for dell 2007fpb

Comment

Originally posted by ihatedeskjets View Post
            I'm pleased to report that my 2007fpb now runs from an external supply, the HP laptop supply works perfectly at 18.9 V measured across the test points TP 711 (+) and TP 712(-) .

It's also a LOT COOLER so in improvement I think.

Thanks for the help all.

Ken
            Hello how it is???

Comment

Working...
            X