MOSFETs burned in 19V line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOSFETs burned in 19V line

19V is not supplied with whichever IC is removed on the laptop motherboard.
    I made a mistake.
    ISL62771 was burned.
    I took out ISL62771.
    I gave 19V, the mosfets burned
    Which IC is idle on the motherboard, 19V is not supplied.
    Can I request some detail information?
    Last edited by Öğretmen27; 09-19-2020, 01:29 AM.

Re: MOSFETs burned in 19V line

Last edited by piernov; 09-19-2020, 04:24 AM. Reason: bad advice

Comment

Laptop model number, motherboard part number ? .Is there a schematic for it ?
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you.
        I had removed ISL62671. When I gave 19 V, the mosfets burned. What is the reason of this?

Comment

Lenovo g50-70 NM-A271

Comment

Schematic https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1454346973
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Which mosfets burned ?

Comment

PQ302, PQ991 and PQ992.

Comment

Why do people still randomly inject 19V (and recommend others to do so…) when it's been said many, many times that this can definitely kill your CPU/GPU/PCH if high-side MOSFET is shorted… And if you inject right away 19V at the wrong place you're also sure to burn half the components on the board.

Always measure exact resistance to ground to see if there's a possibility of high-side MOSFET short, and always start with 1V and check if any large BGA is warming up.

EDIT: it's also been said many times that you should never push power into the board with a buck controller/MOSFET driver removed. The MOSFET gates will be floating and get enough charge to randomly turn on and kill something after them.
                  Last edited by piernov; 09-19-2020, 04:25 AM.
                  OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
                    Why do people still randomly inject 19V (and recommend others to do so…) when it's been said many, many times that this can definitely kill your CPU/GPU/PCH if high-side MOSFET is shorted… And if you inject right away 19V at the wrong place you're also sure to burn half the components on the board.

Always measure exact resistance to ground to see if there's a possibility of high-side MOSFET short, and always start with 1V and check if any large BGA is warming up.

EDIT: it's also been said many times that you should never push power into the board with a buck controller/MOSFET driver removed. The MOSFET gates will be floating and get enough charge to randomly turn on and kill something after them.
                    AMEN brother

but if he allready inject 19V it is done.
                    Last edited by ktmmotocross; 09-19-2020, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post

Thank you so much.
                      Is there a topic I can follow?
                      Link please.

Comment

I think this mb has got serious damage due to your costly mistake and very likely repair is not viable

Comment

Working...
                        X