Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharp LC-37SB24U two seconds to black Lamp error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-37SB24U two seconds to black Lamp error?

Finally decided to troubleshoot this set with the blinking power light. checked the service manual it says that it's a "Lamp Error". followed the service manual instructions to reset the light and the set comes on for a about 2 seconds then goes back into protection mode..

My voltages from the power supply are ok. I think i checked the transformer windings correctly, they all measure the same and there are no dark areas on the screen for the couple seconds when the backlights are on so i assume the CCFLS are ok.. Any ideas?

Attached Files
    Craigslist Picks & Fixes

2 ea - Samsung 52"
    Samsung 60"

Re: Sharp LC-37SB24U two seconds to black Lamp error?

Help....?
    Craigslist Picks & Fixes

2 ea - Samsung 52"
    Samsung 60"

Comment

Bad ccfl is what it is Thats why its cutting right off. I've felt with this set before take the panel out and watch the bulbs you will see not all them are lighting up. Proly just 1 out. Or it will be lighting but real dim or pinkish

Comment

Agreed. I ran into this with a sharp 42 inch. Yes ccfls cause this problem. Look for an area spanning horizontally for a pinkish hue. There u will find a bad bulb mist likely.

Before I go.that far check out the bl_on pin for voltage changes.
        Last edited by freakaftr8; 10-05-2015, 11:16 PM.
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Thank you. i just got a chance to get the panel off. I see one pinkish bulb. hopefully i have a replacement in my stash.
          Craigslist Picks & Fixes

2 ea - Samsung 52"
          Samsung 60"

Comment

Just got a bulb to replace the one that was bad.. TV works like a charm! the new bulb is just a little brighter, but you cant tell with the screen on.. Thank you all for your assistance
            Craigslist Picks & Fixes

2 ea - Samsung 52"
            Samsung 60"

Comment

Working...
            X