Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung 58" FPT5894W Scrambled digital signal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 58" FPT5894W Scrambled digital signal.

Hello all,
    I am looking for some help with a TV I picked up the TV off Craigslist, it looked like an easy fix. Here is my issue
    - When the TV is first turned on it connects to the wireless receiver and works fine for a while. 10 minutes or so into playing the video starts to break up in a digital pattern but the audio is working fine... I checked the wireless cards on the AV Transmitter box and the TV and found the inductor looks is broken at the top of the receiver card on the TV. I checked the resistance and both are they same for the broken one and the good one.
    The problem is that i am not sure what the inductor does or if that could affect my the TV. Please Help

The pictures below show The broken inductor on the TV's card versus the Inductor on the Wireless transmitter card and what the TV actually looks like.
    Attached Files
    Craigslist Picks & Fixes

2 ea - Samsung 52"
    Samsung 60"

Re: Samsung 58" FPT5894W Scrambled digital signal.

Do other functions do this too, or only digital tuner?
    While TV does this, do the OSD volume controls work?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      Do other functions do this too, or only digital tuner?
      While TV does this, do the OSD volume controls work?
      All the other functions do it as well.. When that digital pattern pops up i cant see the OSD. it's' almost like it's frozen until i restart it, then it works fine for a few minutes.
      Craigslist Picks & Fixes

2 ea - Samsung 52"
      Samsung 60"

Comment

Check here, possibly similar cause.
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...n50a550&page=2
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Tom,
          thanks for your help..
          I read through the posts but it didn't seem to fit my problem.. I took a chance and changed that inductor on the WiFi card and BAM!! its working fine.... Well for the last 12hrs anyway!! Normally it would have gone out by now.. Thanks for your help again!
          Craigslist Picks & Fixes

2 ea - Samsung 52"
          Samsung 60"

Comment

Working...
          X