HP 8570w BIOS Chip de-/resolder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP 8570w BIOS Chip de-/resolder

i don't use anything but the irons bit to clean pads up .

Comment

scrape away the trace until you get down to the copper,then solder a thin wire onto it. Solder the other end onto the legs of the bios chip .
      Attached Files
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Embarassing as it may be but i already threw it in the trash can out of pure frustration of how i messed the pcb up. For what its worthi would really like to know what i did wrong with the copper braid, so that at the very least i can learn from my mistake.

When i tried to clean the pads with the copper braid, i put my iron to 350°C and started to wiggle at those pads but immediately the copper braid was kinda stuck and glued to the pads and when i finally removed it, the pads were gone too.

Comment

Apply fresh solder to pads. Use higher temperature, more flux and add fresh solder to the wick(braid).

But it is always easier to just use hot air and not even mess with the braid.

Comment

when wiping u must feel that braid is loose. if u feel just a little resistance u must stop and apply more heat or longer heating.

Comment

Dumb question possibly, but is there any way to have some type of connector to let you reprogram the chip without removing it from the board ?

Comment

Of course, they exists Like the Pomona SOIC8 clip, but it isn't recommended to use them except you're always Checking for corruption after Reading the bin.

I Challenged this before and it isn't so nice to read a corrupt BIOS Out of the SPI FLASH without knowing it. Since then i'll either Check the Image or desolder it.
                FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Working...
                X