PN60F8500 Bad Power Board Shutting Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PN60F8500 Bad Power Board Shutting Off

I purchased a PN64F8500 used with an issue where it would not turn on and replaced three caps on the Y-Board and it was fixed and been working ever since.

Few months later I see a PN60F8500 for sale on CL with a note saying it does not work, so figure the same easy fix and I'll have a new TV.

The issue is slightly different, the TV will power on but after around 5 minutes or so it will power itself off and not turn back on.

After opening up the back I notice the boards are completely different and those three caps from the 64 inch do not even exist on the 60 inch model.

I have looked on various forums online and seems that this is an issue with the power board itself. The board is model BN44-00602A. I have replaced the main 4 large capacitors but still have same issue. Has anyone else had this issue? I have also read it is possible it is chopper transistor failing short circuit or the bridge rectifier failing short circuit. I am not even really sure what those components are. Is there a way to easily check the remaining caps on the power board to single out any that may be damaged?

Re: PN60F8500 Bad Power Board Shutting Off

could be also the main board doing that. Maybe run the TV with the back off and put a fan behind, in order to cool it. See what happens.

Comment

If something was shorting it would stay shorted and likely blow the main fuse, Remove the power supply and inspect and resolder the transformer rivit connections and also resolder any components that are mounted to heatsinks.

Comment

would it actually turn on if the solder was failing?

Comment

Yes it would and might shut down suddenly whilst working. Hence RJ suggested: 'Remove the power supply and inspect and resolder the transformer rivit connections and also resolder any components that are mounted to heatsinks.'

Comment

Working...
          X