HP SFF 503376-001 power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP SFF 503376-001 power supply

HP SFF power supply 503367-001 are not all the same there are at lease 2 model numbers with different internal parts and PCB's. PS-4241-9HA and HP-D2402E0. Both have the 503367-001 number and are identical on the outside.

I have a PS-4241-9HA that is dead but so far have not found any bad components. I traced the power through the diode bridge to the large filter capacitor There is a heat sink with Q210 and Q211 marked on the same heat sink are 2 components with 2 leads each marked RT900 and RT901. Can anyone tell me the transistor types and what RT900/901 are?

I also have a HP-D2402E0 that tests good all output voltages in spec. but when installed in a computer (I tried it in more that one) it causes an endless boot loop.

Any thoughts on these would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: HP SFF 503376-001 power supply

OK so I managed to read the numbers on Q210 and Q211 they are 95T07GP MOSFET.

Still at a loss for RT900 and Rt901 could they be fuse-able resistors?

Comment

Your pics are of PSUs from 2 different vendors. If I'm reading the transformer markings correctly, one is from Hipro and the other from Lite On. The pictures you posted do not show the components in question, so I suggest pictures of where Q210, etc., are located.
      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

yes there are 2 different the PS-4241-9HA is the one with RT900 and RT901

Difficult to show them in a photo see photo PS-4241-9HA they are on the heat sink at the front of the board between the transformer and the coil. Here are some close ups.

The white one is RT900. both RT900 and Rt901 test open.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by neisg1; 01-02-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Never did find out what was wrong with the supplies but found another used one and that fixed the issue.

Comment

RT*** could be a thermistor, without a picture of the component its hard to say

Comment

The HiPro probably had bad caps if the system was boot-looping. I see some Teapo and LTec caps, which are always a cause of concern.

As for the LiteOn... could be bad caps again or it could be something else too.

Best way to start troubleshooting with a PSU that appears to have "no power" is to check the standby rail - i.e. 5VSB (unless it's a proprietary design with a different standby rail). Then we go from there: if standby/5VSB is present, check voltage on PS_ON pin and see if PSU can start when PS_ON is shorted to ground. If standby/5VSB is not present, then the issue is either something related to the standby power circuit or component on the primary side or bad caps.

Regarding RT900 and RT901: sounds like these are thermistors or fusible resistors. I'm having a hard time seeing where these are located in your pictures. But their location could give an idea of what they are used for (i.e. weather they are on the primary or secondary side).

Originally posted by PeteS in CA View Post
              Your pics are of PSUs from 2 different vendors. If I'm reading the transformer markings correctly, one is from Hipro and the other from Lite On.
              Yup.
              You can usually tell from the model numbers too. HiPro PSUs typically begin with "HP" and LiteOn with "PS-". And Delta Electronics (another major PSU OEM) usually starts with "DPS" (on "NPS" in case of Newton-built PSUs).

Comment

Working...
              X