Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 Pro G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 Pro G

I recently replaced a customer's motherboard that had (only one) blown capacitor. The motherboard was a Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 Pro-G. It seems however that her power supply (Powmax ~ surprise surprise) caught on fire and that may have done it in. Anyway I'm posting here because not only do I have a couple of these boards myself, but also I'm responsible for a whole bunch of other computers with this board. There seems to be no other capacitor problems on any of the boards I have inspected so far. (I went through 13 so far. All boards were manufactured in 2004.)

Does anyone have a clue if these mobos are affected by the bad capacitor manufacture? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Closersource; 06-30-2005, 10:08 PM.

Re: Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 Pro G

I should be sleeping but...
    Here are more details about the capacitors in question..
    Unfortunately I don't have time soon to take any of these things apart as they are servers and the like.

K Face Marking / Dark Sea Green + Golden Lettering
    3X By VRM
    K Face Marking / Navy + Bright Gold Lettering
    5X By ZIF Socket
    X Face Marking / Black + White Lettering
    Dispersed ~ Northbridge / AGP / Memory / ATX PSU Socket.

Comment

It might help more if you told us WHAT the lattering was, not just that it existed.

--Randy

Comment

Haha Sorry. Just in a rush to get out on my long awaited vacation. I'll be sure to have pictures up soon. It's worth a thousand words.

Comment

From top, sounds like sanyo, rubycon MBZ, nichicon to me and those are all good brands. I'd assume the psu killed the caps. How old is this board?
          The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. That sounds reassuring. The board was 1.5 years old at the most. I'm pretty sure the PSU killed it.

Comment

Working...
            X