ECS K7VZA (PC Chips M807)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECS K7VZA (PC Chips M807)

Price performance, that's it... They are heavy into OEM... The same guys that own a big share in them own a big share in other OEM companies.
    Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainbow
      You can test the 686B bug by transferring large amount of data from one IDE channel to the other one using UDMA modes - e.g. copy large files from CD-ROM to HDD connected to different channels and then check MD5 sums of the files. If they don't match, you have a problem. Try VIA PCI latency patch instead of 4in1.
      I never had file corruption when copying a file from one IDE channel to the other! This is even with the 686B southbridge chipset.
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

ok, as i bought this boards, never one know`s the bug. I startet with an w2k or w98 (don`t remeber) autoinstalation. This inlcuded the automated copy of the whole windows cd on to the hdd. And with UDMA enabled on both -hdd and Cdrom this prozes failed permanently. So, experienced with od oldscool UDMA problems disabled the UDMA of cd and then it worked. I have leaved it until those bug become popular and i knowed what had been wrog. Those Problems only become noticable if you copy large files or if an Sb Live stresses the PCI bus. But the problem is still there anyway. And this makes a good os installation going apeshit in the long run. Ok today with improved drivers, Bios PCI bus master time out option those problem are worked around, but this slowed down the PCI performance. May be bad board design and bad caps mak this problem worser, but it is existant in any 686b bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainbow
          The bad caps are G-Luxons - this type fails on many ECS/PC Chips boards. No MOSFET damage. The board is now recapped and works fine (no photos yet).
          Same here - the broken stuff is the well known G-LUXON 6.3V 2200uF garbage - twelve of them twelve bulge, so no surprise about the random rebooting, bluescreen and all that jazz with the random switching off or not starting from time to time....

We'll see what happens after these are all replaced.

All the Best,

SuchANiceGuy
          Attached Files
          Last edited by SuchANiceGuy; 03-11-2007, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X