GA-8IPE1000-G I can't install XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-8IPE1000-G I can't install XP

Sanyo spun off their lytics division to Suncon.
    Suncon is same factory, same people, same caps, new name and no longer owned by Sanyo.

You would have to ask Suncon to get an answer.
    Sanyo doesn't make lytics any more.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

they are fake, a sanyo should have a wierd K, not a triad
      Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
      ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

@ c_hegge: it is an Allied PSU, it's quite new I use it only for testing. For this MOBO I have e Power Newton PSU waiting ;-). I know Allied is not good in the long run, it has bad caps but in my experience they works when are new.

@ PCBONEZ: thanks, you are right but I will wait the caps to see what they are. Anyway I will never by caps again from this site since they don't answer to question e probably they don't know much about caps.

@ Uranium-235: let's see what I will receive, in my opinion they use pics that are not realistic... at lest I hope so.

Thanks to all for clarifying that Suncon are "Sanyo", I missed it.

I'll be back to keep you informed about caps.

Ciao
        Gianni
        Last edited by Gianni; 10-24-2011, 03:08 AM. Reason: Typos
        "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins...Not through strength, but through persistence."
        H. J. Brown

Comment

back again on this mobo

I bought a CoolerMaster case, I placed everything, the PSU was Power Newton... so my children were happy because the "new" PC was fast then the old.

Today my children told me the PC stopped to work suddenly.

I opened it and nothing looks bad... but it doesn't give any live sign.
          I think the North-bridge has died because the heat-sink became quite warm after few minutes the board is switched on.
          The board speaker doesn't beep at all even if I have removed memories, video card...
          I'm so angry... I waited 2 weeks before to format the old PC after I moved all stuff on this one and now I have it is dead...

Is there something I can try or I can check before to trash this MOBO?

Ciao
          Gianni
          Last edited by Gianni; 11-28-2011, 02:53 PM. Reason: typo
          "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins...Not through strength, but through persistence."
          H. J. Brown

Comment

I forgot to add the pics of the PC.

Ciao
            Gianni
            Attached Files
            H. J. Brown

Comment

I've done two GA-8IPE1000-[something].
              One had HM in the defective date range.
              The other had KZG instead.
              -
              If you have KZG - they go bad without bloating.

-
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
              -
              You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
              -

Comment

I am seeing some small, probably 6.3v 1000uF OST scattered throughout the board that you didn't replace. Replace them all. Especially those near the memory.
                "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Hi mockingbird and PCBONEZ

I have replaced all caps, no OST here: Rubycon MBZ on VRM, Panasonic FM on VRM input, Panasonic FM around memory and some other places, Samxon GC around PCI/AGP because Panasonic FM were too high.
                  The MOBO has worked fine till this afternoon, I don't think it's a cap problem.
                  I tried again and one time the board speaker produced a long beep... it stopped only when I switched off the PSU.
                  When I turned it on again no beep at all

I'm seriously thinking to trash it. I was searching for a new 478 socket MOBO to reuse the CPU/memory but it is hard to find one... maybe it is time to switch to something completely new.
                  Last edited by Gianni; 11-28-2011, 04:27 PM. Reason: A lot of typos :)
                  H. J. Brown

Comment

Can you take pics of inside your power supply?
                    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Remove the RAM, clean it with isopropyl alcohol, and replace it when it's dry.
                      Also check for a loose or poorly seated add-in card.

-

- Dr Seuss
                      -
                      -

Comment

@ mockingbird: yes I can open it and check inside but as far as I can remember it has good caps, probably there is an Ltec. Somewhere on the forum there are pics taken by Zandrax, I bought four... I can't remember... PSU Power Newton from the same vendor, one is in my PC running very well, another one is in my brother's PC running well too.

@ PCBONEZ: the only card is the video card. I have removed the RAM and placed in the other slots but nothing happen.
                        I remember that when I was trying to install XP, with the old caps, it always beep at BOOT.
                        Now when I switch it on the CPU fan run, the CD driver led light on for some seconds than nothing happen.

The only thing I see is the heat sink with the stick Gigabyte that became warm after few minutes. Honestly I can't say it is too much hot, but it looks strange to me it become warm if the PC is not doing anything and unfortunately I can't remember if it was so hot when I had problem to install XP.

Thanks for your suggestions
                        Gianni
                        H. J. Brown

Comment

When I have seen -continuous- beep it has usually been a loose card, bad or badly seated RAM, or a short somewhere [for example back of mobo grounding on a loose screw].
                          I think sometimes a bad MOSFET will do it too. Do they look okay?
                          Getting warm just means it's doing -something-.
                          Part of it might be working even though there is a fault somewhere preventing full function.
                          Have you tried a different video card?
                          It's not one of the problem nVidia video chips is it?
                          Last edited by PCBONEZ; 11-29-2011, 04:47 AM.

-

- Dr Seuss
                          -
                          -

Comment

Hi PCBONEZ no loosing screw because I have removed the MOBO from case to do some tests.

I have not tried another video card, but I can do it ASAP. The video card is ATI Radeon, I can't remember which type.

About the MOSFET they look OK but I will look carefully.
                            I have to check the PSU.

Ciao
                            Gianni
                            H. J. Brown

Comment

Hi PCBONEZ

here some pics about Gigabyte MOSFET. They look OK.

As soon as I have time I will try once again with another video card, but I think it is wasted time.

I will rescue the good caps (Rubycon Panasonic and Samxon) I have mounted and maybe I will try to recover the BIOSTAR P4VMAM. I have a MINI ATX case and it could be perfect for this MOBO.

I have so many thing waiting and no time: I have a Toshiba notebook waiting to be check till September, I have an LCD TV waiting in my ceiling... fortunately it is not urgent... I have 3 Wii remote controls to check...... why we have only 24 hours a day???

Ciao
                              Gianni
                              Attached Files
                              H. J. Brown

Comment

MOSFETs look okay.

Those pannys look oversized.
                                They aren't grounding something are they?
                                In a couple places it looks really close.
                                [May just be a photo thing.]

-

- Dr Seuss
                                -
                                -

Comment

PCBONEZ you are right about Panny, they are 12.5mm instead of 10mm but they are OK, not touching anything.

This afternoon I received the caps ordered on Dealexteme and I'm suspicious: the vent is not a K and the bung looks different from other Sanyo I have seen.

What do you think?

Monday I will check them in office to see if value and ESR are within spec.
                                  Also the hight is not correct with respect to datasheet: they are 21mm instead of 23mm.

Here the pics I took from my pieces and the pics on Dealextreme, the vent and bung are completely different

Ciao
                                  Gianni
                                  Attached Files
                                  H. J. Brown

Comment

"sanyo" with Koshin vents
                                    Obvious fakes. Just use them as fireworks.
                                    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

These are obviously fake.
                                      The only 2 sellers over in asian countires I trust are Audjade_chn and the PC Motherboard Capacitor store (both of which are aware of the fakes)

For some reason, the PCMCStore shop on ebay.it doesn't show much of anything, so i linked to the same shop on ebay.com.

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                                      "sanyo" with Koshin vents
                                      I've never seen Koshins with that vent. All Koshins I've seen had a generic X. The only (good) cap manufacturer i know of that uses this weird T or cross shape is Elna.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$%28KGrHqEOK...21%7E%7E_3.JPG
                                      http://www.shine7.com/audio/SA8400_8.jpg

But i highly doub't they'd resleeve Elnas for this.. so the ones Gianni posted are probably total off brand Elna clones with a Sanyo/Suncon sleeve

edit: the dealextreme pics already show fakes.. Y vent and a flat bung.. lol
                                      So you bought fakes and got different fakes
                                      Last edited by Scenic; 12-09-2011, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Yup those are fakes.
                                        Sanyo fakes are pretty common.
                                        The ones in the ad photos are fake too.
                                        Y vent and cheap bung.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                        -
                                        -

Comment

Originally posted by Scenic View Post
                                          I've never seen Koshins with that vent...
                                          They are obviously not very consistent then. I've only ever seen them with that vent.
                                          I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Working...
                                          X