HP ProBook 2560p missing info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP ProBook 2560p missing info

My file serial number is (C.N.U.2.1.4.1.D.8.C) SKU number(X.B.2.0.8.A.V)Search using hxd and change SN,SKU. number if you want.

Comment

Already changed that, what tool can I use to modify the image dump with the file?
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Heres 2 bios to try. clearvss has no dmi info at all, you have to use dmi tools after flashing it. Edited bios is your bios with serial etc, but no uuid.You might still have to change the uuid afte flashing, i wasn`t sure where to start the 32 characters with F`s so used zeros instead. Put the bios into the FPT64 folder ,shutdown and start up using the win+left+right arrow keys again ,then use the command line again like you did before but this time the command is
        fptw64 -F edited.bin

or the same command with clearvss.bin ,whichever you want to try .
        After flashing,shut down and remove the battery and charger again,that will lock the flash descriptor up again .
        Attached Files
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Finally got some time to play with it. Guess this could be a problem:

Error 280: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space!

Do I need somespecial EFI driver or something?
          Last edited by Behemot; 07-16-2018, 12:47 PM.
          Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

No, you don`t need some special driver, just need to lock the flash descriptor after flashing

After flashing the bios,shut down and remove the battery and charger,press the power button for 20 seconds,put battery back and charger . If you reboot after flashing you can get that error message,
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I cannot flash anything with write protection, that's why I am asking if there is some EFI driver, I can try it from DOS or have to use external programmer instead.

Comment

Read post #17,and your post #19 where you unlocked the flash descriptor. Once the flash descriptor is unlocked again you can flash the bios as per post #23 .
                After flashing the bios,shut down and remove the battery and charger,press the power button for 20 seconds,put battery back and charger

Comment

I did that, it lets me read the image, but not write.

Comment

Try this: Manufacture Programming Mode in Unlock mode MPM .
                    Attached Files

Comment

I've read the user guide and it says nothing about unlocking MPM, it just expects the BIOS to be unlocked to change the settings.

Seems like the MPM indeed is locked, as actually the DMI tools told me, otherwise I could've changed the things like UUID right away.

So back to square one, can I unlock the MPM? Can I get the correct SMC.bin file? I could actually try some of those SMC-bin files I tried before before we discovered I should hold left and right keys instead of up and down, maybe some of them will work…

Anyway, I miss the old days when you just booted floppy or something and reflashed. No frelling descriptors, serials, UUID and crap like that, jeez. What is this BS good for?
                      Last edited by Behemot; 07-17-2018, 07:45 AM.

Comment

There`s a jpeg picture in the folder called original.jpg ,i`ll attatch it here, it gives info how to lock/unlock mpm mode. I`m with you that its a pain to go through a load of crap just to get it working right.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-17-2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Ah, I've missed that. Gonna try later on, I've just came to the other building to work on some other old crap lol

Comment

Interestingly enough, it was already in unlock state through this app:

*Lock
                            Unlock

But I still can not flash the BIOS Think I need the SMC blob thing…

I should also note that after some poing with the DMI tools, not the board is permanently in Manufacturing program mode set: 3 of 10. It does not change. Is it relevant?
                            Last edited by Behemot; 07-19-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Hp 2560p Product information not Valid

Every time i power on my laptop there is an error regarding "Product Information is not Valid"
                              Bios Version F.66 i tried to fix it using HPDMI tool but it didn't work so please help me fix this issue i don't have much knowledge regarding bios.... If bios dump is needed please also let me know the way or program to with which i can provide you bios dump?

Comment

Re: Hp 2560p Product information not Valid

Originally posted by hassanulhaq View Post
                                Every time i power on my laptop there is an error regarding "Product Information is not Valid"
                                Bios Version F.66 i tried to fix it using HPDMI tool but it didn't work so please help me fix this issue i don't have much knowledge regarding bios.... If bios dump is needed please also let me know the way or program to with which i can provide you bios dump?
                                Brother i already told you.You need bios programmer if you not a tool better you go reparing shop tell i want to read bios chip he better guide you.You search Google write (Bios programmer)you see video then you understand.Or no have option you solve without read bios chip..

Comment

i googled bios programmer so what i understood is i need a bios programmer like ch341a so i'll order it online once you confirm it that am right... bios programmer will be required to read and write the bin file that you will provide me after modification? am i right?

Comment

Originally posted by hassanulhaq View Post
                                    i googled bios programmer so what i understood is i need a bios programmer like ch341a so i'll order it online once you confirm it that am right... bios programmer will be required to read and write the bin file that you will provide me after modification? am i right?
                                    Yes.

Comment

For 2560p, use Mazzif password removing tool. It will delete DMI information with first "shotgun" and then just use manual programming and enter your information.

Comment

will this tool support f.66 version?

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
                                          Yes.
                                          CH341A is ok to do this thing?

Comment

Working...
                                          X