Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook Pro 820-00840-A 20V but not turning on

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out the issue with this macbook pro. It will not turn on or charge. When I plug in the charger using my USB-C ammeter I can see the voltage go from 5V to 11.7V to 20V but there is no current consumption. PP3V3_G3H is present. PPBUS_G3H attempts to go on but goes back off after only a very brief second. I do not see any short on PPBUS_G3H nor do I see any other obvious shorts on the other power rails that come after it. I removed U7650 to isolate all power rails that are created from it and I still get the same symptom. I also tried to replace U7000 with no change.

I would greatly appreciate any input you have to offer. I have also attached the schematic and board view below.

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Re: Macbook Pro 820-00840-A 20V but not turning on

History?
    If you remove F7000 do you still get 0V on its pin 1?
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Hello, thank you.

My symptom actually ended up changing. It may have ended up happening after changing U7000, I can't remember if I measured PPBUS_G3H after replacing this IC or if I only checked with the ammeter for activity after replacement. Either way I now have a steady 13V on PPBUS_G3H and the current consumption on the ammeter goes between 0mA and 10mA. Still no power though and I do not measure activity on any other voltage rail.

As for history, I don't know much. There is no sign of liquid damage, the motherboard looks squeaky clean.

Comment

gracias colega fue de gran ayuda

Comment

Working...
        X