Looking for a good substitute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for a good substitute

I still would leave the VRM alone. fujitsu polys and panny lytics are fine. i left mine alone (the lytics were rubies on my board), and it has been 100% stable running 24/7 for about 6 months.

not saying you couldn't poly mod, but that there is less to gain since you can't OC these.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

The board in the picture is not v b chil-n's board. It has rubycons on the vrm and they are vented.

Originally posted by v b chil-n View Post
      My HP board has two failed caps near the cpu socket. They are rubycon 6.3v 1800uf MCZ...
      Last edited by c_hegge; 02-13-2011, 03:07 PM.
      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Sorry I've been MIA, thanks again for all the great info and suggestions guys, once I free up some time I'll be recapping this thing, for now my cell phone will have to serve as my home computer.

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge
          The yellow ones are actually polys. The reason for replacing them is because if they are different, you will be putting more load on some caps than others, so replacing them all is a good way of evenly distributing the load.
          Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
          I still would leave the VRM alone. fujitsu polys and panny lytics are fine. i left mine alone (the lytics were rubies on my board), and it has been 100% stable running 24/7 for about 6 months.
          I'm with Ratdude on this one. Leave the yellow Fujitsu caps, and if the VRM has Panasonic caps, you can leave those alone as well. The Rubycon MCZ, however, should be changed.

Now that you mentioned this, I remember that the only pattern I saw in those DC5000 and D530 computers is that the ones that had Panasonic caps in the VRM did not have a single Panasonic cap fail. On the other had, the Rubycon MCZs had quite a few failures in the VRM. Sometimes I'd see failed Rubycon MCZ in VRM and near the memory slots, but the Teapo and Ost next to them were fine. I'm not dissing on Rubycon quality or anything like that, but rather I want to point out again that the only caps that had a 100% survival rate among the electrolytics were the Panasonic caps. Everything else was hit-and-miss. Too bad VRM was the only place with Panasonic caps.
          Last edited by momaka; 02-15-2011, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X