This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello All, Just an electronics hobbyist here.

Comment

Solder is my favorite programming language as Bob Pease used to say. Been around some counting contraptions from pdp11/70 vm370 vaxen to 8bit micro apples z80 cpm 8088 ibm mess 80286 finally mmu in 80386 to gnu or bsd the true path. been a gnu/linux/bsd on whatever evermore. ptl. amen.

Comment

Just noticed this original “introduction” forum. I find it nice to know other members better, so let's introduce myself too. But first I want to mention my old computer junk hanging out somewhere in the house. My first computer was a Philips P2000. This was a robust reliable machine and my exemplar was a limited edition with 512 Kb memory (64 was standard). I tried some assembler programming and that was YUK! I agree 100% with Topcat if it is about machine code or 3GL programming languages. My second computer was a Philips MSX-II. Played with Turbo Pascal, Basic, but still YUK… Switched from XT to Pentium 60 MHz, PIII 500 MHz and my actual computer a HP Pavilion t370. This computer is the only one so far that broke down (4 months), so I ended up here!
        Programming was YUK, I found computers boring, so I got a Masters Degree in Biochemistry/Molecular Biology, but no (paid) work available in Europe. I work nowadays as Oracle Software Engineer and that is NOT YUK! I enjoy my work as long I have regularly contact with customers and 4GL Case Tools are much nicer than 3GL tools. So, I know a lot about databases, learned a lot about viruses and have quite much knowledge about Sun Solaris and Windows.
        I enjoy driving (2,5 hours/day), hanging out with friends, searching and consuming good wines and travelling. I'm 34 years old, living in the South of Holland, as far ‘South' bears any meaning in this small country, and I'm married with a Romanian. I hope too that this forum will be a success and I'll try to contribute.

Greeting,

Michael

Comment

Hai I'm new
          my first system was 286 AT with 21Mhz processor
          I'm not hardware guy but I crazy about computer wares.

Guess what
          Now Mmmm I worked on one of Capacitor Mfg dough, not spying :p
          I'm only interested how good is my company compare to others, if good I want a salary increase this year

Comment

Hello, I was previously member of this forum but I now longer remember my account info or email I used to register here.

I have very basic knowledge about computer repairing, including replacing caps. This forum has helped me before.

Comment

hello everyone
              my name kalai
              full time it technician and still learning

Comment

Greetings,
                I'm a chemist, out of my depth troubleshooting a servo drive. A friend of mine told me about this forum so I figured I'd give it a go. From the looks of it, all electronic failures are from bad caps!

Comment

Hi. My name is Roni. I found this forum as I have been wandering around the web for about a week now trying to figure out what is wrong with my tv and hopefully I can fix it with your help

Roni

Comment

Hey im michaela from the uk

Comment

Hi .. my name is Qais and i am a computer technician from Sweden .. i am working now as a network technician and in the same time i am a car electronic/electrical expert .. have a nice day to all of you

Comment

Hi from TU-Sofia, FETT, ET, nice to be here

Comment

Go by Mo. Not afraid to try to fix things

Comment

Hello
                            I fixed some electronics mainly with televisions is electronic engineer
                            thought it would be nice to give and get some help, it's good to
                            be able to bounce around with ideas
                            Sincerely Anders Björk Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                              As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                              So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                              where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                              Hello

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                Hello

Comment

Hi
                                  I am do mostly hobby electronics and PC repairs with an interest in learning more about Apple logic board repairs. I am hoping to learn more from reading the forums. I go by Keith.

Comment

hello all

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi became a member to help me with repairing Panasonic TX-P42VT30 plasma from 2011.

Surprised to see how common the issue is on Panasonic plasma that you can buy kits to repair them.

Chris

Comment

Hello all,

I found this site searching for a fix for my Samsung SyncMaster 2493HM monitor. I have an issue with the "power" blue LED light on but with a black screen, no sound nothing else. I wanted to ask a question regarding this. I see a few threads from people with the same issue. I wanted to post a few pictures to help me troubleshoot. I help I can get some help.

Thanks for having me

Comment

Working...
                                          X