TV Samsung LN40C630K1F Won't Turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Samsung LN40C630K1F Won't Turn on

Need help with this TV. I am wondering if anyone has seen this problem before. I have the above listed TV. Will not turn on. Here is what I have tried.
    • Check Power supply voltages(13V is at ~ 12.8, 5v is at ~ 5.2)
    • Unplug main board (TV back light comes on)
    • Replace main board (still has the same symptoms)
    • Unplugged Tcon (still has the same symptoms)

I am out of ideas here. When I plug the power in the standby light flashes 6 times. Nothing will turn on the set. I tried issuing the reset command via the remote. (standby light flashes when I press the remote buttons.) I have checked the other posts here and the symptoms don't fit. Attached are pictures of the new main board (green), old main board (blue), and power supply. Any advice is appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: TV Samsung LN40C630K1F Won't Turn on

Your replacement mainboard is bad also. Return it and find another.

Comment

Your replacement board may not be bad but it definitely is the wrong item. The BN94 and BN41 Nos. are different on each board.

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
        Your replacement mainboard is bad also. Return it and find another.
        This was the right answer. Purchasing another Mainboard fixed the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
          Your replacement board may not be bad but it definitely is the wrong item. The BN94 and BN41 Nos. are different on each board.
          I purchased that one from the part number compatibility list that ShopJimmy had on their website. I would hope that on the newer boards Samsung would have worked out the bugs. When that didn't work, I purchased another mainboard that had the same part number but, was a newer revision.

Comment

Working...
          X