Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic Plasma TH-42PX60U - red LED blinks every 3 secs (no picture/sound/light)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Plasma TH-42PX60U - red LED blinks every 3 secs (no picture/sound/light)

Hello again gentlemen and saviors,

Between each blink of the front panel LED, the relays on P board click. Repeats endlessly.

Tried to upload the service manual I'm using but it exceeds size limits. It's available here: https://elektrotanya.com/panasonic_t.../download.html

The blink code in the manual states "no particular test point." I took measurements from the power board.

P BOARD TNPA3911 (POWERED ON WHILE CLICKING)
    P12: PIN 1: Vda: 0
    P12: PIN 2: Vda: 0
    P12: PIN 4: 15V: 0.5V
    P12: PIN 8: STB_12V: 12V
    P12: PIN 10: STB_PS: 12V

P23: PIN: 1: 15V: 0.5V
    P23: PIN: 2: 15V: 0.5V

P5: PIN 1: 15V: 0.5V
    P5: PIN 2: 15V: 0.5V
    P5: PIN 4: 15V: 0.5V
    P5: PIN 6: 15Vs: 0.5V
    P5: PIN 7: 15Vw: 0.5V
    P5: PIN 8: 15Vw: 0.5V

P11: PIN 1: Vsus: 250mV
    P11: PIN 3: GND: Continuity to ground

P2: PIN 1: Vsus: 350mV
    P2: PIN 3: GND: Continuity to ground

P25: PIN 1: 15V: 0.5V
    P25: PIN 2: 15V: 0.5V
    P25: PIN 7: 5V: 0
    P25: PIN 9: 5V: 0
    P25: PIN 10: STB_5V: 5V
    P25: PIN 13: F_STB_5V: 3V to 0 (fluctuates as LED blinks/relays click)
    P25: PIN 15: ECO_ON: 0
    P25: PIN 17: PANEL_MAIN_ON: 0
    P25: PIN 16: PS_SOS: 0
    P25: PIN 18: ALL_OFF: 0
    P25: PIN 19: AC_GOOD: 0

P10: PIN 1: F_STB_14V: 15V to 0 (fluctuates as LED blinks/relays click)
    P10: PIN 2: F_STB_14V: 15V to 0 (fluctuates as LED blinks/relays click)
    P10: PIN 3: F_STB_14V: 15V to 0 (fluctuates as LED blinks/relays click)

P BOARD TNPA3911 (POWERED OFF W/ AC APPLIED)
    P12: PIN 1: Vda: 0
    P12: PIN 2: Vda: 0
    P12: PIN 4: 15V: 0
    P12: PIN 8: STB_12V: 13V
    P12: PIN 10: STB_PS: 13V

P23: PIN: 1: 15V: 0
    P23: PIN: 2: 15V: 0

P5: PIN 1: 15V: 0
    P5: PIN 2: 15V: 0
    P5: PIN 4: 15V: 0
    P5: PIN 6: 15Vs: 0
    P5: PIN 7: 15Vw: 0
    P5: PIN 8: 15Vw: 0

P11: PIN 1: Vsus: 250mV
    P11: PIN 3: GND: Continuity to ground

P2: PIN 1: Vsus: 0
    P2: PIN 3: GND: Continuity to ground

P25: PIN 1: 15V: 0
    P25: PIN 2: 15V: 0
    P25: PIN 7: 5V: 0
    P25: PIN 9: 5V: 0
    P25: PIN 10: STB_5V: 5V
    P25: PIN 13: F_STB_5V: 0
    P25: PIN 15: ECO_ON: 3V
    P25: PIN 17: PANEL_MAIN_ON: 0
    P25: PIN 16: PS_SOS: 0
    P25: PIN 18: ALL_OFF: 0
    P25: PIN 19: AC_GOOD: 0

P10: PIN 1: F_STB_14V: 0
    P10: PIN 2: F_STB_14V: 0
    P10: PIN 3: F_STB_14V: 0

Hopefully those readings give someone a clue? Vsus on SC/SS boards is low (~300mV). I'm happy to make another PayPal donation to the forum.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Fans do not spin
    Last edited by joeblah; 08-08-2017, 06:24 PM.

Re: Panasonic Plasma TH-42PX60U - red LED blinks every 3 secs (no picture/sound/light

Pics...
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Panasonic Plasma TH-42PX60U - red LED blinks every 3 secs (no picture/sound/light

In the TH model I'm working on 3 blinks means loss of 15v rail.

Comment

Originally posted by maxvalutech View Post
        In the TH model I'm working on 3 blinks means loss of 15v rail.
        Thanks, brother. I'm also lacking 15V. However, I don't have 3 blinks, I have 1 blink every 3 seconds (see attachment).

Bit the bullet and bought a "working" P board on eBay for ~$50 (couldn't find another TNPA3911 in stock anywhere else).

I'll report back if this solves things. I wouldn't mind giving you the old P board if you want.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I disconnected SU/SD boards from SC board and the same problem persisted. Re-seated EVERYTHING. Problem persisted.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by joeblah; 08-09-2017, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Sorry read the post too hastily. One blink is SOS 3.3v and 12v so if 15v also gone sure sounds like power board.

Comment

The repair kits they sell on eBay, and at Coppell, consist of 2 fuses, a RJK5020 mosfet, (Q406) and a 10 ohm 139°c resistor. About $13. I don't know if that is for the 15v rail.
            Check your parts and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
              The repair kits they sell on eBay, and at Coppell, consist of 2 fuses, a RJK5020 mosfet, (Q406) and a 10 ohm 139°c resistor. About $13. I don't know if that is for the 15v rail.
              Check your parts and report back.
              I bought the whole P board from electroparts_warehouse on eBay. I just put it in and the same problem persists.
              I saw the kit, but the fuses are all good (there are 4 on the board). I'll test the MOSFET.

Comment

Generally 1 blink is an A board issue. The "no particular check point" refers to an unknown problem with the A board initialisation. Could be a problem with other boards, but those tend to trip up the other error codes. Most commonly would be a software or hardware issue with the A board that prevented it fully booting so you are having it fall back on the "general error" part. I guess it's the same as a PC blue screen. "I'm not sure what went wrong, but something did!"
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                  Generally 1 blink is an A board issue. The "no particular check point" refers to an unknown problem with the A board initialisation. Could be a problem with other boards, but those tend to trip up the other error codes. Most commonly would be a software or hardware issue with the A board that prevented it fully booting so you are having it fall back on the "general error" part. I guess it's the same as a PC blue screen. "I'm not sure what went wrong, but something did!"
                  Ah, very good to know! The BSOD analogy makes sense. Thank you. I'll try ordering the A board.

EDIT: Forgive me, but which would be the A board in this case? The H board? The D board? The attachment shows boards/functions.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by joeblah; 08-14-2017, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Hard to say, I'd think the set should trip an other code if H is bad, so DG seems likely...I guess which has the big main processors on it? The D board is for the panel only so not likely to be that.
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                      Hard to say, I'd think the set should trip an other code if H is bad, so DG seems likely...I guess which has the big main processors on it? The D board is for the panel only so not likely to be that.
                      It looks like DT and DG boards have the biggest processors. DT board is only $20 and DG board is $44. I think I'll order those and report back. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Think DT is the tuner so you should be okay not replacing that for now.

Comment

Hello joeblah, would you please confirm problem is resolved by replacing DG board. My Panasonic has identical issue.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                          X