X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello from Flint, MI!

Found this site while looking for a caps list/repair help on PowerMac power supplies.
    I'm an electrical engineer with grad degrees in parallel computation and AI, and I look forward to exploiting this wealth of knowledge to get my old stuff running again.

Comment

Hello All,

I'm an electronics enthusiast that tries to learn how to repair family's laptops.
      Many thanks for support!

Ciao from Italy
      Oscar

Comment

Hello everyone!
        I am new to this forum, but have read many of your posts already. The amount of tutorials and useful information is great.

I am an engineer, tech savvy, rapid learner and an enthusiastic professional, looking to understand more about BIOS programming. In fact I am trying to bring back to life my Asus Transformer Notebook which is now bricked (as many Asus devices...)

Keep up with the great content!
        Cheers!

Comment

Hi All

Just registered on this forum as I have been reading around and the community / advice I've seen given looks awesome!

I'm a 40 something male from England who has limited electronic fault testing knowledge, and I'm here to try and diagnose my Denon AVR-1910 amplifier which is currently going into circuit protection with the flashing red power led.

I am however good with pulling things apart and soldering / desoldering components from circuit boards, as well as firmware / BIOS flashing and general hackery due to 15 years in the console chipping / jtagging / RGH'ing game. From the original Xbox up to the 360 / Slim era! Those days are behind me now so most technical tinkering I do are just on the PC.

Looking forward to my first proper post :-)

Cheers
          Captain S
          Last edited by Captain Shonko; 04-14-2021, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Hi everyone!
            I am new to this forum, I've have read many of your posts already. Trying to fix my father's faulty plamsa tv. Learning all the time and looking forward to reading through the forums more. Cheers

Comment

Hello everybody! I am new to this forum, but I have read a lot of useful conversations here. I am from Russia and my English is not very good. I have a good command of soldering equipment and not a bad understanding of the element base. I have extensive experience in repairing various electronic devices. I look forward to creating my own theme.

Comment

posting so I can create a thread to ask for help with identifying and replacing a through hole cap on my mobo

Comment

Howdy folks, I'm a 40 something Electronics Engineer. My first pc was an Apple IIE with dual floppys and 64k of ram. Green monochrome was not nearly as cool as what we have now days. I'm running a side business working on repairing everything from tvs to Nintendo and this seemed like a good place for drawing on experience in these realms.

Comment

Yo college dropout here in my 40's - Been lurking Badcaps.net since 2004 finally decided to join to share and help where I can. I'm a jack of all trades and a confident problem solver.
                    1st PC in 1988 Sanyo 16 Plus 640K 8mhz turbo.
                    I mostly do PC repair, electronics and automotive repair. I used to run an automotive restoration shop. Huge believer in DIY. Making things better then they were brand new. Maybe I help out around here...
                    I'm also working on a Stewart World 250 amplifier right now and reading this thread, looks like someone here might know how to acquire a schematic or service manual for it.
                    Last edited by Lin0; 04-14-2021, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Hello member.
                      I am French, I have been repairing electronic equipment for a long time, I develop as an amateur on Arduino, Labview, assembler, Cobol.
                      I started on 6800, 68000, Z80. Z81, Apple II ......
                      I have all these systems in my attic.

Comment

Hi,
                        I'm Polish and I have been repairing computers and laptop motherboards since 3 years.
                        I'm still learning how do this so please bear with us.
                        Thanks

Comment

Hi, I'm Italian, I repair PCs and phones, I'm always looking to learn new things.

Comment

Hi all, I'm from Germany and come here to learn more and look for help. Thanks!

Comment

Electronic repairs is a way of life!!!

Comment

Hello everyone. Kiyoshi from Columbia, SC. I started repairing TV's last year and hope I can come to this forum for some answers. Thanks for having me!

Comment

HI ALL

I cam on this forum to grow my knowledge about Laptop repairs.
                                  My knowledge is basic but I already have some successful fixes on my acc.

I would get some more info about BIOS and how to get it to fix in damaged laptops.

THX for help and all good advice's.

Comment

Hello,

I discovered this forum while looking for information to unlock a BIOS.
                                    I'm afraid my limited knowledge can't help you, but I would gladly if I can.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi all. New to this site as a user, but I have previously read posts. Just a retiree who repairs lcd/led tv's as a hobby, when I am not fishing or golfing here in the northeast.

Comment

Hello everybody! I am new to this forum, but I have read a lot of useful conversations here. I am from Spain. Sorry, and my English is not very good. Thanks for the help I found in this forum

Comment

Hello!

I am new to this forum.
                                          I had an issue with my laptop and I found this useful forum.

Comment

Working...
                                          X