ASUS u31sd LAPTOP WILL NOT TURN ON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASUS u31sd LAPTOP WILL NOT TURN ON

Hooked display back up no video,it is dead. But the led on the power button comes on still

Comment

Originally posted by CR Designs View Post
      Hooked display back up no video,it is dead. But the led on the power button comes on still

okay still waiting for more pictures , around the led connector for display etc the whole board good n clear ..... there should be a fuse by that connector as well ...not always but should be ....

there is another set of regulators and coil for the gpu as well do same test on those fets as well to see if its getting the command to turn on and don't forget to install the ram lol....

Comment

Here's more pictures hope they are better for you.
        Attached Files

Comment

Heavymachines I found a fuse,no good reads 1 on the meter. see picture
          Attached Files

Comment

Heavymachines I found a fuse,no good reads 1 on the meter. see picture
            that is a smd capacitor for the Ethernet almost looks like a fuse may be a fuse doubt it .... set you meter to 200 ohm touch your probes together it should read 1 to 3 ohms same will happen when you test fuse if it's good.... if it is bad it will read open just like the probes never touched each other..... you can use diode setting as well it will read 0 when probe touched together and when its a good fuse, if bad fuse it will read just like the probes never touched each other....
            Last edited by heavymachines; 02-08-2013, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Here's more pictures hope they are better for you.
              on third picture the ram is not fully seated in the bank .....make sure it is fully seated and retest for display....

Comment

Originally posted by heavymachines View Post
                that is a smd capacitor for the Ethernet almost looks like a fuse may be a fuse doubt it .... set you meter to 200 ohm touch your probes together it should read 1 to 3 ohms same will happen when you test fuse if it's good.... if it is bad it will read open just like the probes never touched each other..... you can use diode setting as well it will read 0 when probe touched together and when its a good fuse, if bad fuse it will read just like the probes never touched each other....
                It reads 1

Comment

Where do I find this?
                  After viewing the pictures I couldn't find it either.

Comment

on third picture the ram is not fully seated in the bank .....make sure it is fully seated and retest for display....
                    Reseated memory no display

Comment

does the fan spin when you press the power button?

Comment

Originally posted by opamp View Post
                        does the fan spin when you press the power button?
                        No, only the LED light is on for the power button

Comment

Ok remove the ac, cpu and memory after you remove everything press the power button and leave it pressed for a couple of seconds to discharge any left over voltage. Now let see if we find a short, place your DMM on diode or continuity (whatever you want to call it). Place the neg- probe on a screw hole and with the pos+ start thouching the capacitors. It should beep on one side only, the ground side. Let me know what you find.
                          Last edited by opamp; 02-08-2013, 11:18 AM.

Comment

okay still waiting for more pictures , around the led connector for display etc the whole board good n clear ..... there should be a fuse by that connector as well ...not always but should be ....

there is another set of regulators and coil for the gpu as well do same test on those fets as well to see if its getting the command to turn on and don't forget to install the ram lol....
                            There were 5 more fets for gpu

...1 .......... Tab

Comment

Ok remove the ac, cpu and memory after you remove everything press the power button and leave it pressed for a couple of seconds to discharge any left over voltage. Now let see if we find a short, place your DMM on diode or continuity (whatever you want to call it). Place the neg- probe on a screw hole and with with the pos+ start thouching the capacitors. It should beep on one side only, the ground side.Let me know what you find.
                              Show me what I'm looking for (capacitors)

Comment

The capacitors are the brown ones, not gray not black.

Comment

Ok remove the ac, cpu and memory after you remove everything press the power button and leave it pressed for a couple of seconds to discharge any left over voltage. Now let see if we find a short, place your DMM on diode or continuity (whatever you want to call it). Place the neg- probe on a screw hole and with with the pos+ start thouching the capacitors. It should beep on one side only, the ground side.Let me know what you find.
                                  I tested the ones under the CPU some of them beep on both sides

Comment

check the whole board and write down where you find them

Comment

Also check the ones that look like coke cans. I see a few by the battery port.

Comment

After viewing the pictures I couldn't find it either.
                                        yeah i noticed that as well also the board has almost no ic addresses ....

Comment

There were 5 more fets for gpu

...1 .......... Tab
                                          you are putting neg probe on screw holes correct???? those readings are high....on some and low on others..

is that the only ram stick you have just that one?

Comment

Working...
                                          X