Dell Inspiron 1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Inspiron 1150

The power socket broke off my Inspiron 1150's motherboard. I fixed that with some wiring, but I still cannot get my battery to charge. After much debugging and probing, I found a single cap that is running a lot hotter than any other component on the board. It also makes a "tick" noise every few seconds which I don't remember, but may be normal. It is right in front of the battery connector, and is about 15/32" square soldered in 4 places (2 pairs on opposite sides). Printed on the top:

9R0-120
    TMP
    437D

Can anyone help me find this part?

Thanks,

Joe

Re: Dell Inspiron 1150

If it's got 4 terminals, it's not a cap. It may be a bridge rectifier, or a special thermal fuse or something else.

Comment

Sounds more like an inductor to me. Some of the SMT ones have 4 leads, and it's part of the power circuitry on the motherboard. Also the "tick" sound clued me in a bit, as inductors can make funny sounds like that when something's wrong. Chances are another part is actually broken, and the ticking inductor is just a symptom, not the cause. Sounds like when the connector broke off, it busted some other stuff too.

Comment

I have a similar problem with my inspiron 5100. Has anyone found a solution?

Comment

Working...
        X