Intel Motherboard Capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel Motherboard Capacitors

I have an Intel D925xyt motherboard that is missing 6 capacitors and i don't know the values of them to put new ones in.

Capacitors misssing:
    C3H24
    C3H19
    C3H14
    C4H12
    C5H5
    C6F1

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Intel Motherboard Capacitors

A photo would help.
    Not like an internet photo is likely to be good enough to read those little numbers.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

Just FYI:
      These boards were used in Dell 8400 and there is a lot of hype on the web about them not being an Intel board.
      -
      From seeing some ads they bear a number E210882 on them which identifies the point of manufacture as required by Law to import it to Austrailia.
      -
      E210882 does indeed identify Intel as the actual manufacturer, so all those wannabe experts are wrong.

But:
      You won't find anything at Intel about it because is was made exclusively for Dell and Intel doesn't list boards they didn't also sell through their own channels.
      -
      Intel did however sell the following boards that use the same chipset and therefore should electrically be very similar. [For example if all the missing caps are in the VRM, well, the VRM's on these boards are probably the same. This gives you more options for complete boards to look at...]
      -
      http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support...boards/d925xbc
      http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support...boards/d925xcv
      http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support...boards/d925xhy

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

If it is a Dell board, what is the Dell part number for the board? I may have some dead Dimension 8400 boards in the parts bin. If it's the same part number, I'm happy to look up values for you.

So, I do indeed have a Dimension 8400 board in the parts bin. D925XYT is printed on it under a Dell sticker. Says Intel on it pretty clearly too, and it certainly looks very much like an Intel board. It's Dell P/N U7077.

Here's a list of the values for the caps on the board. I see what I replaced them with in front of me. The originals are from memory, but should be fairly accurate as I've repaired a bunch of these.

C3H24 - 10V 1000uF 10mm D x 12.5mm Nichicon HN (replaced with 10V 1000uF Rubycon MCZ)
        C3H19 - 10V 1000uF 10mm D x 12.5mm Nichicon HN (replaced with 10V 1000uF Rubycon MCZ)
        C3H14 - 10V 1000uF 10mm D x 12.5mm Nichicon HN (replaced with 10V 1000uF Rubycon MCZ)
        C4H12 - 10V 1000uF 10mm D x 12.5mm Nichicon HN (replaced with 10V 1000uF Rubycon MCZ)
        C5H5 - 6.3V 2200uF UCC KZJ 10mm diameter (replaced with 10V 2200uF Rubycon MCZ)
        C6F1 - 10V 1000uF 10mm D x 12.5mm Nichicon HN (replaced with 10V 1000uF Rubycon MCZ)

I've recapped a slew of 8400s, and those caps are the ones that are usually bad. I'd also check the following as theses are occasionally bad, depending on which parts were put in at the factory: C4C8 (6.3V 3300uF) and C4J2 (10V 2200uF) - if there's a Nichicon HM/HN/UCC KZG in there, replace those too, as HM/HN from around that time are bad due to a later-corrected manufacturing defect, and KZG are just plain unreliable.

badcaps.net sells all these sizes in the correct grades, why not order your replacements from here and support the site? I've always gotten great service from Topcat, the site owner.
        https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=47
        https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=32
        Last edited by yyonline; 11-30-2010, 09:25 AM.

Comment

BCN does it again!
          Thanks yyonline!

-

- Dr Seuss
          -
          -

Comment

Working...
          X