Access Denied on Shopjimmy.com need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Access Denied, need help

it might be the whole of the uk ive tried from my sisters house to and still blocked im in warwickshire your in wales i think tom is leeds so thats a few areas of uk already i guess i have just emailed shopjimmy and asked them is it all the uk i will update when i have had a email response.
    Last edited by vinceroger69; 09-14-2015, 01:41 PM.

Comment

they are blocking BT.

Comment

im on mobile internet tethered so using three or 02 as i have to phones i have tried from my sisters who is bt and blocked.

Comment

"The condo was $36,000." for condo in Seattle? Holy Cow, that is very low price.
          Never stop learning
          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

It seems its Europe that is blocked going on the quick tests through my VPN and the reply I got from ShopJimmy.

Comment

Here in NZ
              http://www.shopjimmy.com/ blocked
              http://www.tigerdirect.com/ not blocked
              My pc
              CPU : AMD PHENOM II x4 @ 3.5Ghz
              MB : ASUS M4A89TD PRO USB3
              RAM : Kingston ValueRAM 16gb DDR3
              PSU : Cooler Master 850W Silent Pro
              GPU : ATI Radeon HD 6850

Comment

So I run into a problem sometimes with hackers trying to connect to my Linux box. Granted, I can change certain services to higher uncommon port ranges, which does a great job at stopping most attacks, I can also set it up if some many failed login attempts happen within a certain amount of time, the IP address is banned. This generally doesn't do much though, firewall logs show the ip address changes, just a little, each time.

So long as we're on the subject, and I do apologize if this is considered hijacking, what is a better way to prevent bad guys from doing bad stuff? Just using the shopjimmy example I mean. I agree, banning a country isn't the best way to go, but what other alternatives are there besides ip bans? If I ever where to setup a website and try to sell stuff, would the best approach would be validation of the account before orders are billed / shipped? Is that an alternative or would that just be really expensive? I guess it'd kinda be like running a background check on every customer before they ordered. I would think that would be considered a violation of privacy as well. What do you guys think?
                -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Comment

TigerDirect is OK here too

Comment

Originally posted by Spork Schivago View Post
                    So I run into a problem sometimes with hackers trying to connect to my Linux box. Granted, I can change certain services to higher uncommon port ranges, which does a great job at stopping most attacks, I can also set it up if some many failed login attempts happen within a certain amount of time, the IP address is banned. This generally doesn't do much though, firewall logs show the ip address changes, just a little, each time.

So long as we're on the subject, and I do apologize if this is considered hijacking, what is a better way to prevent bad guys from doing bad stuff? Just using the shopjimmy example I mean. I agree, banning a country isn't the best way to go, but what other alternatives are there besides ip bans? If I ever where to setup a website and try to sell stuff, would the best approach would be validation of the account before orders are billed / shipped? Is that an alternative or would that just be really expensive? I guess it'd kinda be like running a background check on every customer before they ordered. I would think that would be considered a violation of privacy as well. What do you guys think?
                    Surely Shopjimmy don't send the goods out until the got the readies, nobody lets me have any goods till I have paid
                    so no payment no goods, so how are they caught, or am I just naive

Comment

when i asked them if it was the whole of the uk, this is there response i might add i live in a very small town in warwckshire so not sure what to make of the situation too be honest.

Austin (ShopJimmy.com)

Sep 14, 14:59

Just certain locations wherein we were getting hit rather hard with a ton of fraudulent orders. We have no ETA for the block to be lifted unfortunately, still trying to figure out a way to catch these orders before they're shipped. Sorry Vince.

Regards,
                      Austin Manning
                      Customer Service
                      Austin@shopjimmy.com
                      Last edited by vinceroger69; 09-14-2015, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trebo View Post
                        Surely Shopjimmy don't send the goods out until the got the readies, nobody lets me have any goods till I have paid
                        so no payment no goods, so how are they caught, or am I just naive
                        Yeah, that makes sense. Maybe the person who responded from Shopjimmy misspoke and the reason because of the IP ban wasn't because of fraudulent orders but maybe attackers or something trying to get into the servers?

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                          when i asked them if it was the whole of the uk, this is there response i might add i live in a very small town in warwckshire so not sure what to make of the situation too be honest.

Austin (ShopJimmy.com)

Sep 14, 14:59

Just certain locations wherein we were getting hit rather hard with a ton of fraudulent orders. We have no ETA for the block to be lifted unfortunately, still trying to figure out a way to catch these orders before they're shipped. Sorry Vince.

Regards,
                          Austin Manning
                          Customer Service
                          Austin@shopjimmy.com
                          Wow, so it really is fraudulent orders? Maybe someone using credit card generators or something. I would think any reputable facility would be able to verify credit card name / addresses before shipping an order though. I mean worst case, they could always use something like PayPal. I would think they wouldn't be accepting COD, checks, money orders, etc. I mean if they're banning IP addresses, these have to be internet orders. Just doesn't really make sense to me.

Comment

I wonder if they are getting a high number of credit card charge backs or people are using stolen cards ?

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                              "The condo was $36,000." for condo in Seattle? Holy Cow, that is very low price.
                              No, that was not in Seattle that was in North Adams MA. where I want to move to, where only artist want to live. I am living in Seattle where I want to leave as soon as possible. All prices are going up in Seattle. A 600 to 700 sq house is going for $450,000. Houses are being listed at $550,000 and are selling for $650,000 because people keep increasing the bid and the house goes to the highest bidder. Amazon is one company moving employees into Seattle. Amazon is moving 70,000 employees into Seattle in the next 2 years. On my way home on the bus down Denny way from I-5 to my home about 2 miles I counted 17 construction cranes putting up buildings.
                              Last edited by keeney123; 09-14-2015, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www.shopjimmy.com/" on thi

hi any help is aprecieted thanks. I try now for a week and allways that access denied

Comment

Re: Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www.shopjimmy.com/" on

It's their server bombing you. (Chucked an HTTP code # 403 bomb or an HTTP code #401 bomb
                                  (but HTTP code #401 is only intended for paywall sites, same with an HTTP code #402 bomb) (or sites that require constant authentication)
                                  Last edited by Per Hansson; 09-16-2015, 03:51 AM. Reason: Edit to reflect post was moved to this already existing thread
                                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by flocko View Post
                                    And here is me thinking i had done something to upset them?
                                    I know that a folk at testmy.net is xtremely trigger happy, my account got banned from the message board for no good reason and all my posts were decimated.

I dunno who banned me..... I wasn't some retarded loser bot.....

I definitely made a folk upset, but usually, don't result in me getting singled out as a bot.
                                    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 09-15-2015, 08:11 PM.
                                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Re: Access Denied on Shopjimmy.com need help

I thought it was a temporary problem but today I’ve got tired of this error, and then I find this thread. So it’s plain IP banning! My ISP is Orange Spain. What’s this stupid way to avoid "fraudulent orders"?

I’ve never bought from them, but you know, their high-res pics are a lifesaver sometimes.

Comment

Re: Access Denied on Shopjimmy.com need help

I am in MALTA and the same blocked shopjimmy

Comment

Working...
                                        X