This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, Steve here from Ashland, OR. Love reading on this site. Had an issue with the display on my oven and found a "how to fix". Do not know crap about electronics but went out and bought a soldering iron and some new caps. Bingo! Works like a new one. Now I have new problem that is a little more complex. My Vizio VP42 HDTV20A Plazma is on the blink. Started reading and plan to start a post soon. Thanks for all the input in advance.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello, I am Nearchos from Cyprus.

BSc. Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from Czech Technical University
        MSc. Electrical Engineering "Power Systems" Frederick University Cyprus.

Comment

Hello guys Going to need your help with a tv i found today

Comment

Morning All Finally registering after lurking forever

Comment

Just wanted to say hi and thank you for a fantastic forum.

Comment

Hi
                I saw the topics on the n5010 power problem and decided to register cause i have this issue too.

Comment

hello my name is ghislain and i'm new to this forum. im not speaking english very well but i try so if its no perfect excuse me. im a automotive technicien and im having experience in computer repair (technicien) and also in electricity construction. i also touch to everithing like i repair some screen whith bad cap and i always like to fix things by my own. i like this site because i think i will be able to find some notion that i miss to repair more things.

tanks for everithing and im sure will have good time whith you

Comment

Hello all.

I am a program manager at webracing.org and I also have a little electronic repair business on the side (ledpros.us.com)

I have been an electrician for 10 years and the last couple years I have been working directly on component level repair and technology modifications.

Always looking for more sources of information, and this forum has already helped me after google lead me here. Thanks and Hello.

Comment

just looking to learn

Comment

Hi guys, my name is Eric, I'm from Belgium and an all-round electronics fanatic. I recently was faced with a failing plasma TV, and was hoping to get some of your insights to start troubleshooting it myself. Looking forward to learn!

Comment

hey guys. posting here for the first time but have read up on several issues in the past. seems like a smart group of contributors so hopefully i can both fix my issue and help out as well. cheers. scott.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                            I am here looking for some general information about troubleshooting LCD displays and replacing caps on a few monitors I was given. I have a few Idea's to mod them and use there LED or CCFL back lights for other purposes, but I only have a basic knowledge of circuity and could use some help with building/modding the power supplies for these displays. I have an extensive knowledge of computers in general and an active imagination when in comes to inventing/re purposing/prototyping. I would like to share some of my Idea's for the rest of the world to enjoy too.

Comment

hello,,god forum repair,,sorry my english,im spanish
                              thamks

Comment

Hi,
                                My name is Dane. I'm from Central Pennsylvania . I've been tinkering with PC's and electronics for years .I love to invent/repurpose/protype stuff. I would love to share some of my Idea's with the community, and maybe share some of my knowlege with others. see ya all around!
                                Dane

Comment

I have toyed around with working on TVs and car stereo systems. Now my personal LG plasma TV has picture problems and trying to get some help with getting that fixed.

Comment

Working on an ACER P235H. Works GREAT only if I keep the Brightness down to about 32... if it goes above 40... screen goes black. I have taken it apart and checked the caps, but they are not bulged. hard to see the name on the sides, so not sure what brand names these are... they are brown in color.
                                    I have had this monitor running for about 15 hours and it is still on.. at the low brightness setting. I am thinking the CAPS are somewhat out of spec and if replaced, should allow me to raise the Brightness setting.
                                    What does the forum think..... am I on the right track?

NightHawk.

Comment

Hello Friends.. I am new here.. I need some help to repair my sony vaio lapto

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk View Post
                                        Working on an ACER P235H. Works GREAT only if I keep the Brightness down to about 32... if it goes above 40... screen goes black. I have taken it apart and checked the caps, but they are not bulged. hard to see the name on the sides, so not sure what brand names these are... they are brown in color.
                                        I have had this monitor running for about 15 hours and it is still on.. at the low brightness setting. I am thinking the CAPS are somewhat out of spec and if replaced, should allow me to raise the Brightness setting.
                                        What does the forum think..... am I on the right track?

NightHawk.
                                        The forum thinks you should post your question in the monitor troubleshooting section along with photos of it if possible
                                        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                                        -David VanHorn

Comment

Hi guys,
                                          New to your site looking forward to working with you. I'm a X army guy who worked as cryptographic equipment repairer so I have a little electronic experience. I now work as a installer/detail engineer.
                                          over the past few years I've had good luck repairing things like DLP TV, Xbox, & PS3.

Comment

Working...
                                          X