This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi. So I've been a Badcaps Lurker for a while... always found solutions without having to post...

But the time has come where I need to ask something! So here I am!

Comment

Hi from Italy, just stumbled upon this forum looking for infos on my TV (I will post shortly) I hope to find some help

Comment

Hello, I'm DeadSkullz. I've been into electronics and computers for 35+ years, and by trade I've worked in the tech manufacturing field for the past 24 years. Yeah, I'm getting to be an old fart, but I still love to get my hands dirty. Growing up I was that kid picking through people's garbage on the curb snatching up TVs, radios, or whatever. I had quite a collection of parts salvaged from people's broken stuff. It's too bad my parents threw out all it when I moved away, lol. I served during the first Gulf War and then landed a job at one of the big tech companies after I served 5 years. I've been with that company since and now serve as a senior engineer/analyst. At home I love to just tinker with electronics and computers. You are never too old to learn & grow, so that's why I'm here. Perhaps I may have an opportunity to share my knowledge with others as well. Thanks for having me. :=)

Comment

Hi all fantastic forum, happy to join

Comment

Hello all, I'm looking forward to learning from, and interacting with, you all.
            I'm new too fixing computers and printers and would love to gain as many miles from my equipment as possible before having to spend £££.
            I've gone from being a hyper-active paratrooper to a physically broken man and need something to keep me ticking-over mentally. I'm bit of a tinkerer and enjoy taking things apart and 'attempting' to rebuild them so hopefully this will keep me busy.

Daz

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi everyone!

Comment

Hi all, rank amateur fixer-upper from Tasmania here. Hope to be a useful part of the community. Cheers!

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Only found you all yesterday but you've all been an amazing help so far.

Comment

Hi thanks for the acceptance. I'm from the UK and was a TV repair engineer in a past life but since then things have moved on a lot hence my interest in the forum.

Comment

Hi I'm James. I enjoy fixing electronics, especially the feeling of accomplishment and bargain-snagging when you save a friend or yourself several hundred dollars by fixing a machine.

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm John, almost 65, from Somerset West in South Africa, electronics is my hobby.

Comment

Hello my name is john wilson. Just trying to learn how to repair my tv.

Comment

Hello, came here to learn about tinkering on my laptop

Comment

hi there,,,

Comment

hi,, my name is jhet... glad to be here,,,

Comment

Hallo allemaal, ik ben regelmatig laptops aan het repareren en daarom blij dat ik dit forum gevonden heb. Mijn naam is Irene

Comment

Hi, I'm from Ukraine. I hope for the support of the community and its modest help.

Comment

hello everyone. i'm here for some usefull informations and trying to find some fixes to my problems with laptops.
                                        have a nice day for u all.

Comment

Best greetings from Germany

Comment

Working...
                                          X