This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

In my kids language I'm a 'Noob'/Newbie which translates to beginner. I've replaced 3 capacitors in 1 TV to make it go again.....I think I've got a lot to learn. lots of research needed.

Comment

Hello, noob italian computer technician here. Thank you for your info in advance

Comment

Hello!

I'm in my late 20's and a software engineer by trade. I tinker with electronics and PCs' on my free time every now and then. I bought two broken gaming laptops earlier this year (or was it in late 2020... time flies), the other one gets power OK, fans spin and LEDs light up, but no video output. Maybe a bios problem.

The other one has problems with power, it stays dead when plugged in. I have (probably) located the culprits, but lack the tools to replace the FETs, so I might have to give up on it. Or more likely: buy the needed tools....

I also build guitar effects pedals (or at least used to) and I'm generally interested in learning 'what makes things go'.

I mainly registered to gain access to previously posted attachments and knowledge, but who knows if I could give back one day to this awesome forum.

Comment

Hi!
          As a kid, my mom was dumbfounded that I took apart my brand-new Commodore VIC-20 computer. Apparently I told her "I need to know how it works in case it breaks down" but those memories fade with age. What doesn't fade is my love of computers, 1990's cars and technology in general. I'm recapping a car ECU now (not my 1st) and a Sony A/V receiver (1st time) but I've had to deal with bad caps in motherboards as well. Hoping to learn a few things from this group!

Comment

Hi all,

mid 40's, dad and electronics enthousiast. Serious Commodore fan that realized he likes have a repair hobby better than a showroom of hardware. No real background in electronics, but pretty capable keeping old gear going on the hardware level.

P

Comment

I wish you all good health, may this holy hobby help us!
              I have been living in Russia in Moscow for 48 years and from early childhood I opened the door of my hobby for electronics in my head,

Comment

Gday from New Zealand,

My name is Chris and I have been a audio tech for 35 years, worked on every brand I can think of doing warranty work for most. I am a guitarist and much prefer to repair and build tube amps than anything else haha. These forums are gold for someone like me who can seek advice when needed and offer it to anyone who might need some. Cheers.

Comment

Hi and Hello from Germany,
                  my name is Jakob and I have just finished my master's degree in computer science. Before that I have studied my bachelor's degree in electrical engineering. I am just starting to dive into Macbook repairs and have bought some old Macbook airs to get done my first ones:-)
                  Hope to have a nice time here in the forum:-)
                  All the best, Jakob

Comment

hola acabo de registrarme en esta gran comunidad, comentando un poco sobre mi soy un estudiante de ingenieria en informatica ya estoy en el segundo año, siempre me gusto el tema de programacion y meterle manos a la pc jeje, mi portatil es una dell inspiror 15 5567

Comment

Hello my name is Graham,
                      I am from Manchester England, studied electronic engineering 30 years ago.
                      Always worked in electronics for large corporations and small local companies dealing with many facets of electronics.
                      First computers were pets spectrums and acorn type products now tablets to small business servers with anything and every thing in-between
                      Interested in resurrecting faulty or unusable kit

Comment

Hi,

Im from Algeria, I recovered a used laptop with powerfull hardware but with problems, and now im exploring the magic world of electronics, If only i payed more attention when i was younger at electronics courses at school :p

Comment

Hi ,My name is Gaurav , I am new to this forum and need help fixing issues with electronic components.

Comment

Hi... My name's reza from Indonesia. Nice to joining here with u all

Comment

hi New member here,south yorkshire ,repairing tv,lcd led oled etc

Comment

Hi All,

new member here (what a surpise i know).
                                I'm buying/selling refurbished IT equipment mainly and do some repair on the side.
                                Came across this forum on google many times and now it was time to register.

Thanks for all old and existing members for all the detailed information already shared, this place have helped me out many times in the past!

McNoob

Comment

Hi all,

I'm new member here.
                                  Currently I'm working as a computer engineer and in my weekends I try to repair some computers, jeje. I found interested posts trough google and I think this is a worderful place

Thanks for all!

Comment

Hello,

Field technician for POS systems. Looking for help on tv repair.

Thanks

Comment

Hello everyone! Coming to this forum to expand my repair skills, learn and share my PC repair experience.

Comment

Hi all,
                                        Great to be here. I'm a tinkerer and a hobbyist, but most importantly I'm someone who wants to fix my own laptop on the cheap instead of paying nearly the cost of a new laptop to fix the old one. LoL!
                                        Looking to learn a lot from folks here.

Have a great day!

Comment

hello I hope you have an excellent day, I am a person who has been dedicated to computer software for years and is now becoming interested in the electronic part of desktop computers and laptops.

Comment

Working...
                                          X