X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Viewsonic VX715 problem

Details:
    1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz.
    VGA connector (there is no DVI on the graphics card)

Note that only the moving window on the screen has issues, the static part looks fine while this is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by mathog View Post
      The repaired VX715 was attached to a computer and put into use. Static images are beautiful. However, it seems to have a pretty slow refresh rate. For instance, dragging a text window around causes the letters to thicken and darken. As soon as the window stops moving it is beautiful again. Is this typical for this model? I never saw the display on this unit before repairing it, so don't know if there is still something more that needs to be done, or that's just as good as it gets. Oddly, I could not see anything wrong when watching videos, but maybe I just have not found one yet that exposes the issue.
      Details:
      1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz.
      VGA connector (there is no DVI on the graphics card)

Note that only the moving window on the screen has issues, the static part looks fine while this is going on.
      unfortunatley, the LCD is no longer with me now for me to verify this. I also could not recall having the same experience probably because i do not drag around a text window much. But looking at other users review here >
      http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors....html?tag=rnav
      they are also seeing the same for analog connection of this monitor. Maybe you could borrow a graphics card with a DVI to confirm whether the 'ghosting' is there for DVI as well. fyi Response Time (slower the better?) of monitor is 25.0 ms as per specifications.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie1 View Post
        http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors....html?tag=rnav

esponse Time (slower the better?) of monitor is 25.0 ms as per specifications.
        Thanks for that helpful link. Quote: low-average heavy-ghosting image on analog VGA (D-SUB) mode. Yup, that's how I would describe it too. Guess that's just the way they are then.

For response time, the faster the better. Ideally if the scan speed is N Hz you want the real response time to be << 1/N seconds, so that the image has no ghosting between frames. For 60 Hz that's 16.67 milliseconds, so ghosting is expected on a display with 25 ms response time. (And they usually cheat on the response time, giving it for the fastest transition, when it should be for the slowest one.) The 5ms Viewsonic monitor on my desk displays no evident ghosting when dragging text windows around, because 5 << 16.67. I will dig up a DVI cable and see if the VX715 is really better that way.

Comment

I will dig up a DVI cable and see if the VX715 is really better that way.
          I could not see any difference between DVI and VGA inputs. This seems to be purely a panel response time limitation.

Comment

Working...
          X