Samsung Syncmaster 2333SW Flickering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung Syncmaster 2333SW Flickering

Did you find the fault? I have the same monitor & the same problem.

Comment

I never did figure it out. After some time i just scrapped it out and recycled the rest. Since it was pulled from a dumpster it wasn't a big loss.

Sorry

Comment

Hate to bring up an old thread, but I have the exact same monitor (two of them) and they're exhibiting the exact same problems. One of them is currently worse than the other of which today I just took it apart and examining the two boards trying to determine which capacitors are bad. Just like in your pictures none of the capacitors visually appear to have failed.

Mr Bill, am I understanding you correctly that you replaced all the capacitors on the power board and it made no improvement? If so did you try replacing all the capacitors on the logic board before you gave up? Thanks.

Comment

I never tried replacing the caps on the logic board. I'm thinking that when i first got this monitor it was flickering on/off alot. Then after replacing the caps the monitors backlight stayed on solid but the video would drop out as seen in my you tube upload. The only logic board i found at the time was way over priced on ebay and i didn't want to take the gamble. I wished i would have just put the project on the shelf because i don't think back then i owned a capacitance and esr meter so i probably would have been able to come to a better conclusion in this instead of just throwing in the towel.

Comment

Ahh. Thanks for getting back to me. I will see about replacing the capacitors on the logic board to see if it makes any difference. I wish I had good working 2333sw monitor to swap boards and the panel out with to narrow it down to what parts are at fault.

Comment

Good to hear you are determined to find a fix - please keep us updated with progress
              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Are we talking about the backlights flikering or the wahsed out pictures like this? The washed out is from bad T-CON board on the LCD panel assembly (bad Gamma).
                http://s807.photobucket.com/albums/y...amsung%202233/
                Never stop learning
                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I think Drex's monitor is just flickering. Mine from back in march did both. It flickered but after changing the caps the flickering stopped but the screen started to wash out. The only way the screen would not wash out was if i hooked the monitor to a computer that was runnung in safe mode (600 x 800). That was the biggest reason i stopped working on it because i wasn't sure if it would have been the panel or logic board and i didn't want to risk wasting money.

Hopefully Drex will report back if changing the caps on his PSU stopped the flickering.

Comment

My problem for both monitors is the display washing out like some kind of special effects from the late 1970s and on some bright colorful images all pixels go black (backlight clearly still on when messing with it at night). I've determined that the backlights are perfectly fine and not the problem as they don't actually turn off nor flicker during the problems.

I've found that if I leave the monitors running for at least 10 minutes to 'warm up' then quickly turn it off then back on a few times then it'll work fine as long as I don't have anything on that monitor displaying an image with particular range of blue saturation (light, almost white, to 50% blue). I've found that a solid white image filling the screen makes the monitor recover a lot faster. Simple as opening notepad and maximizing it on Windows XP. Typical terminals or console text interfaces (such as booting up Linux without a desktop manager enabled) don't seem to cause the monitor to have issues

Mr Bill: I'll hopefully get around to replacing the capacitors on the logic board this weekend.

budm: The only boards that a Samsung SyncMaster 2333sw monitor has besides the LCD panel is one power supply (with inverters for the backlights) and the logic board. Could the T-CON board probably be the board shown here mounted on the LCD panel its self? Ignore the red circles as that was apart of another discussion on these forums.

Comment

Quick post to link a short video I made of exactly what my monitors are doing and making sure this problem is indeed called washing out and not something else: http://youtu.be/5VrvU5ZzUNE

If this is not washing out then please correct me. This occurs pretty much immediately once the monitor is powered on. After a while, around 10 minutes or so, the image starts to show better but flickering from a darker image to a brighter image rapidly until the image is finally displayed as normal.

Comment

Have had a similar problem with an LG TV,and it was caused by the Screen bonding being intermittent.

Comment

I found this forum and thread on a google search and just registered. I have the same Samsung 2333SW monitor that I purchased back in 2009 and about two weeks ago, it started flickering on startup where I'd get a horizontal bar or two and not the entire login screen. I'd have to reboot my computer 2-3 times for the image to come up stabilized so the computer was useful. Then, I started to get the same washed out thing happening while I was using the computer. First on web pages and then it would do it on the desktop. It would turn black and then white just like the yt videos that you two posted. It helped if I backed off on the resolution. Eventually, it got so bad that it was no longer usable.

I have the lcd apart right now and I was about to order some capacitors to replace on the power supply board because I've heard that Samsung monitors have problems with the cheap caps, but now I'm less confident that it will fix my problem. None of the caps on the logic board or power supply are bulged.

Should I try replacing the capacitors on the power supply and/or logic board even if they aren't bulged? Has anyone here been able to properly diagnose this problem with this particular monitor.

Comment

Anyone figure out how to fix this problem? I don't want to waste my time replacing the caps if that's not the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by xsiveone View Post
                              Anyone figure out how to fix this problem? I don't want to waste my time replacing the caps if that's not the problem.
                              I bought used SyncMaster 204T and found out that it started flickering with horizontal/vertical lines about few minutes of turning it on. After reading through this thread and few others i mustered up the courage to open it up and sure enough one of the 330uf 25v cap was bulging which i swapped it out with one i found from old VCR :-) I could not find these caps locally but i do plan to replace them all. Anyways i put it back together and it works like charm! In case it helps.

Comment

I read all these post went through a lot of research and testing. I decided that power and main board were good leaving the T-Con as the verdict. I took off the metal plate that shields the T-Con. Everything looked good was about to scrap the whole monitor. Then I noticed cracked solder on the video input from main cable. So I used flux+ solder wicked and cleaned up all the old solder then put all new solder. My syncmaster 2333sw is now working. I had the white fuzz and pixilation issue.

Comment

My Samsung SyncMaster 2333 had exactly same issue of washout. Opened it up to check the caps on power board and main board and . None of them bulged. Checked the back light and it was fine which suggests the power board probably should be OK. Main board has signal input from PC and output to the display panel, so I thought it's more likely the main board was causing the problem. So I decided to replace caps on main board anyway although they looked fine. I replaced three 16V, 22uf caps (C103, C142 and C150) and two 16V, 100uf (C101 and C102). Put everything back together. Now the washout issue is gone. The color is set at 32-bit depth, but the display appeared like 256-bit color. Left it on for overnight and now it is normal. So I guess maybe some contacts are intermittent, but as long as I don't touch it, it works fine. Probably will open it and reassemble again to make sure everything is secure that should fix the color issue. So I conclude the caps on main board were the root cause of the washout issue in my case.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                  X