Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Un55f9000 un65f9000

Hello everyone,

We have been seeing an increasingly large amount of requests to fix the main board for these guys along with the one connect box. Below are going to be the two different cycling problems these TV's experience and an explanation on how to differentiate the cycling caused by a bad main board and by a bad one connect.

Scenario 1 bad main board:

With the one connect plugged into the TV set, TV turns on, Samsung logo appear for a sec, Apps logo appears for a sec, then the screen goes dark.
    From here you are unable to turn the TV off with the button or the remote. The TV will stay on with a black screen for around 40-45 seconds before it shuts off and repeats the process.
    If the one connect is disconnected from the main board, the tv will shut off and restart. From there the "Plug in one connect" Notification will appear on screen, and the tv will no longer cycle. At this point you can turn the TV on and off. This still means you have a bad main board.

Scenario 2 bad One Connect:

There are several cycling patterns seen with a bad one connect.
    1) With the one connect plugged in, TV turns on, Samsung smart logo appears brightly for one second then dims out and stays stuck on screen for about 10 to 15 seconds before cycling
    2)With the one connect plugged in, TV turns on, Samsung smart logo appears brightly for one second then gets very dim and stays stuck on screen for about 10 to 15 seconds before cycling
    2) With the one connect plugged in, the Samsung smart logo appears on screen for a second, then the screen goes black for about 15 seconds and cycles. The apps logo never shows on screen.

Moral of the story one connect issues generally causes the TV to cycle quickly and does not show the apps logo, and a bad main board causes the set to cycle every 45 seconds or so.

If you have slightly different symptoms and have a scenario we have not come across yet, please add a comment and we will look into it for you. We do have this thread set to email us every time someone comments on it.

Re: Un55f9000 un65f9000

Please... help I'm having this same issue as the guy in other post.. it started with me power on and off my tv 3 or 4 times to get video.. now after doing a factory reset...i see no Samsung logo..i do get screen saying plug in 1 connect.. once i plug in tv goes black

Comment

Hi! I have a Samsung UE55HU8500, bought for cash after seeing it working, with the below one connect box.

My problem is when the TV and OCB are all connected and turned on I get a black screen and red flashing power light as if it's trying to turn itself on.

But, when I disconnect the cable to the OCB I get the onscreen prompt telling me to connect the box, very similar to another post by jeremy1976 but he has a slightly different OCB.

'Samsung UN65HU9000F'

I also have an opportunity to buy another reasonably cheap OCB, looks exactly the same as jeremy1976's and i'm just wondering whether that would be an easy fix and is it compatible with my TV?

Thanks in advance

Comment

interesting / strange. You indicate that you saw the tv working with the same OCB. You are sure... ie. there was no "slight of hand" to speak such that possibly "something" was changed during the "exchange".

It would appear that you are stuck in the "scenario one" that the first post has described. :-( that is strange if everything is as you saw it initially working. Further, what cabling was plugged into the OCB when it was operating correctly versus now. (ie. inputs).

This post / thread seems to indicate that someone "reflashed" the nand ... but its thin on what that means.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ht=connect+box
        Last edited by budwich; 01-01-2018, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I would like to believe that I received the same OCB but I cannot be sure as there was the few minutes I took loading the TV into the car whilst the accessories were bagged up for me. I didn't see anything connected to the TV although it was displaying fine, I only found out about the OCB when I collected. Sadly i'm beginning to think I may have been done

If he has performed the old switcheroo, is this repairable? Or is the other OCB a good compatible replacement - this other OCB looks the same as my one but is missing the 2 extra ANT IN outlets, the common interface and the RGB, would that matter?

Reflashing nand, sounds tricky, I wonder if that's anything like reflowing a cpu on the PS3 with the heat gun!

Comment

its rather strange... my "suggestion" about the OCB being the same was just that because of the strange result especially if you went from point A to point B and now the thing doesn't work. Further, I am concerned about the "didn't see anything connected to the TV although it was displaying fine" comment. What was being displayed at the time of your "prepurchase check"?

Comment

It was just on regular TV I think adverts on Sky, I looked round the back and saw one cable connected, other than the power. I assumed it was the HDMI, I wasn't even aware this TV had an external box until after it was disconnected and loaded into the car when he came out to give me the remote and OCB, that's the first i'd seen of it and as I had seen the TV working I thought the box must also be working...

Comment

The main board is probably your issue based off the information you have provided us with. Additionally, that variant in one connect box I do not think will work with your set. I do not know for certain however so if you do give it a shot, make sure it has a return policy.

Comment

Ok thank you I'll try the replacement board first as it's about £200 cheaper than the OCB

Comment

Just to make sure that we are talking about the same type of board, could you provide us with the BN94 number of the main board.
                    Thank you

-Nick

Comment

Hello,

I wanted to update the thread here with another symptom that we have been coming across more and more often lately which is caused by a faulty main board.

When the TV is turned on with the one connect box, nothing is displayed on screen, not even the smart TV logo nor the smart apps logo shows up. However if you unplug your one connect box from the TV, and let is sit for about 30-45 seconds, your screen will turn on, and show a bright white image with a bit of green and blue near the bottom of the screen.
                      A picture is attached with this post
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nick's Tvs View Post
                        Hello,

I wanted to update the thread here with another symptom that we have been coming across more and more often lately which is caused by a faulty main board.

When the TV is turned on with the one connect box, nothing is displayed on screen, not even the smart TV logo nor the smart apps logo shows up. However if you unplug your one connect box from the TV, and let is sit for about 30-45 seconds, your screen will turn on, and show a bright white image with a bit of green and blue near the bottom of the screen.
                        A picture is attached with this post
                        Hi Nick, thanks for this post. I have the exact problem. My tv is 4yrs old with about 50hrs. This problem surfaced this Sunday. I'm beyond ticked but sol. I can't believe Samsung is aware of this and is not willing to resolved. I've seen other blogs where the caps are replaced. It's possible replacing the caps than the m board to fix the problem? Thank you very much

Comment

I'm just going to revive the thread here....
                          I inherited one of these televisions and it seems that 1 out of 100 times it works the rest of the time it's showing the symptoms has described to be linked to a bad main board but the price that I've seen for a replacement board on eBay has been close to $1,200??? Does anyone have a current solution for this problem that does not cost more than buying a brand new television. In attempts to troubleshoot the television I did end up with a spare one connect box uhd55 which I'm willing to trade to anyone that has a working main board or the means to repair.

Comment

1200? https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...AFXZA&_sacat=0

Comment

1200!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UN55F9000AF...MAAOSwKQFbwfXp

Factor in exchange and shipping duties etc to Canada.

Comment

Why would you pick that one? One there for 127 bux ships to the world. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-55-...sCG:rk:56:pf:0

Comment

The dope wanting a grand for his board will never sell it, NOBODY is dumb enough to buy it.

Comment

That's not the same model board. I need the main board not the power board. That's why.

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BN94-07229H...MAAOSwKQFbwfXp

Even still too expensive for an old tv

Comment

It IS a mainboard, might not be the one you need tho.
                                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-18-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X