Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"poor Screen" on a Xerox 700P

Hallo,

after connecting a Xerox 700P to the computer, I got a very poor screen-picture. That seems similar to 8-bit resolution, but is for sure something else. Is that symptom known by someone? I put 2 pics into the attachment.

Cheers
    Attached Files

Re: "poor Screen" on a Xerox 700P

Have you tried changing the resolution(s) on the computer's video card?

Comment

Hi jetadm123,

yes of course I did. That was one of my first thoughts. But the resolution during this two pics were made was 1280x1024 with 32-bit colours. That is definitely not the errors cause.

Cheers

Comment

1) A long shot would be that one of the voltage regulators on the main board is running out of specification.

2) You can always try cleaning and reseating all the internal cables.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Hallo retiredcaps,

thank you for your "tough-tip". Actually the item 2 was the bug-killer. I repluged everything on the mainboard and also put the MCU out of the socket for to polish the contacts. After back plugging I got full colors! Great!

Cheers
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by teslacap View Post
            I repluged everything on the mainboard and also put the MCU out of the socket for to polish the contacts.
            Hmm, jetadm123 started around the same time and I think it is safe to say that we have never heard anyone takeout the MCU out of the socket to clean the contacts.

Glad you got it going.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
            X