Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N551JM - cold CPU , CPU vcore present-Clean ME

Hello,

Ive been troubleshooting a N551JM mobo that turns on fully but cpu doesnt heat up at all, only the coils get warm

Can someone clear ME region of my original dump so I can test to see if BUF_PLT_RST comes up and cpu starts to work.

Post:https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82198

Thank you
    Attached Files

Re: N551JM - cold CPU , CPU vcore present-Clean ME

try...
    Attached Files
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Your model number in your bios backup is G551JW . The silkscreened part number on your board will be N551JM Rev 2.0 ,G551JW should be on a sticker somewhere,and you can check the GPU part number , the G551JW has a GTX960M, the N551JM has a GTX860M.

Try this bios with your dmi + clean ME firmware.
      Attached Files
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        Your model number in your bios backup is G551JW . The silkscreened part number on your board will be N551JM Rev 2.0 ,G551JW should be on a sticker somewhere,and you can check the GPU part number , the G551JW has a GTX960M, the N551JM has a GTX860M.

Hi,

For sure it has a 960m , as the nvidia chip is a n16p-gx-a2

I dont have the full machine to check the silkscreened PN

I will trw those dumps in a bit and report back

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post

Hey Flea!

Thanks once again for the file. Appreciate it

So I ve tried with this dump and when applying 19V board starts up to 360 mA, but still cold CPU.And BUF_PLT_RST still 0V Nvidia chip is still warming up

Now if I short the power button pins on the keyboard connector for several seconds, the board shutsdown, but its taking from 21 to 37mA jumping around randomly when off. Could be a sign of something wrong with the PCH or even maybe CPU?
          Anyone with more ROG board experience that could suggest something here?
          Or just a lost case?

Thanks for all the help guys!
          Last edited by magneh; 01-27-2020, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X