Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motherboard Gigabyte H110M-S2H

I need your opinion, guys.
    Regarding the picture, I think that CPU is gone? Thanks in advance.
    Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Re: Motherboard Gigabyte H110M-S2H

Or it's overclocked incorrectly, has the wrong multiplier, has the wrong voltage, a missing voltage, spaghetti + marinara on the motherboard, a loose DRAM stick, or a few dozen other possibilities.

Or, the CPU might be gone. That wouldn't be my first guess though.
    When testing electrolytic catzappers, you should always wear an OSHA approved safety squint.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

This PC was built by the customer and worked for a few days only. In the middle of the game, PC was stopped by freezing. The customer turned off PC in a hard way by the power button. After that, the PC never log in to Windows OS.
      I bought a new MB (same model) and tried to boot into Windows. Flashed BIOS a few times. But was the same result as on the customers MB. Can I tell to the customer that CPU is gone?

Comment

Have you tried with a different power supply and have you tested the ram ?

Comment

The PSU there is 500W only. Is it not enough for i7 PSU I think? Unfortunately, have no PSU bigger than 500W. Have checked with another 400W-same result. I have no spare DDR4 RAM. It's too expensive for me to have it So I have no possibility to check it. I have checked RAM on another MB-same result... LGA1151 is OK. CPU contacts are OK too.
          Can anyone confirm that CPU is gone?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by antas; 11-03-2017, 08:08 AM.

Comment

It's possible it needs more power. You've supplied very little detail so hard to say. New stuff/second user.
            Power supplies can work well enough to power a PC on but be putting out enough ripple at the same time to damage the motherboard, or cause the voltages to fluctuate causing errors.
            It won't boot a CD to do a ram test ? One stick at a time.

Comment

It's a new build PC worked OK for a few days only. There is one stick of RAM only. When I trying to boot CD I still getting the black picture (see attachment) showing problems...

Comment

Post #5 when you checked the ram in another machine did you did you run memtest and check it fully ?

Comment

For checking, I have a new MB only (the same model). CPU and RAM are from customers machine. I taking out from customers machine: MB, CPU, RAM. And changing the MB only.
                  I have MB only. I have no spare CPU and have no spare RAM... When I change the MB and put back customers CPU and RAM there is the same result: can't boot from CD even. Stops and shows the problems

Comment

So the ram hasn't been checked. I'd suspect ram over CPU. What brand is it ?

Comment

RAM is DDR4. Can't see any name on the stick. When I take out the RAM and power on PC, I getting long beeps. It means that RAM is working?

Comment

Originally posted by antas View Post
                        RAM is DDR4. Can't see any name on the stick. When I take out the RAM and power on PC, I getting long beeps. It means that RAM is working?
                        No, the beeps mean the motherboard is detecting the lack of RAM.

Comment

For some lucky reason, I got a chance to boot from "Hiren's Boot CD" (see pic). Started memory test. Here's more pics of what is going on the PC
                          Attached Files

Comment

Did it pass the memtest ?

Comment

I think so ... Is that mean that RAM is OK?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by antas; 11-03-2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Yes, look like it has for a single pass, you've used an old version though. I usually leave it to run overnight.
                                Perhaps check the memory timing settings in the UEFI.
                                What brand is the PSU ? was that new also ?

Comment

Don't know about the PSU name, because PSU is in another side of PC. PC is on MemTest now. But it is 500W only. And it is brand new. I think that PSU power is not enough for this MB and CPU?

Comment

Is there a graphics card in the PC ?
                                    It would be helpful to know the make/model of the PSU.

Comment

Graphics card is internal. Here is more information on the pic. I have booted to PC Check Disk. By the pic, the CPU is working OK? Or it is overclocked? Here is more pics about it...
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by antas; 11-03-2017, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by antas View Post
                                        Don't know about the PSU name, because PSU is in another side of PC. PC is on MemTest now. But it is 500W only. And it is brand new. I think that PSU power is not enough for this MB and CPU?
                                        A legitimate 500W PSU is fine for that CPU, but there are plenty of crappy "off-brand" PSUs that can't do anywhere near their rated wattage (some of the really bad ones can't even do 50% of what the label says), which is why it is important to know what PSU it is.

Comment

Working...
                                        X