Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vision Fitness T9700 treadmill motor controler/power suuply dead

hi
    i found a nice higher end vision fitness T9700 treadmill..i would like to attempt at repairing it

it seems is dead..i get 0dcv to the top display panel

the motor controller board is where the 115vac is input at and there is a circuit breaker at that location too.

on the motor controller/power supply board there are several led status lights that are all off...according to the serv manual they should all be on to indicate that portion is ok

the 2 fuses on the board are good
    the circuit breaker seems to be ok
    there is a power switch that lights up when plugged in
    i do have 115v throughout the motor controller board

but the unit is dead...nothing turns on and no display panel power on at all...no sounds nothing

any ideas what i can test?

see photo stock photo of the motor controller board

any help would be appreciated..its a nice treadmill would love to keep it out of landfill or not have to scrap it

thank you
    Attached Files

Re: Vision Fitness T9700 treadmill motor controler/power suuply dead

correction controller and supply

Comment

i do have 115v throughout the motor controller board
      This does'nt tell us much, Do you have 115v (AC) between LINE & NEUTRAL next to the transformer? (the red led, D38 AC should be lit)
      If you do have 115VAC at those points, REMOVE POWER and check the resistance between those same two points, that will check the resistance of the transformer primary
      Last edited by R_J; 07-12-2019, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Hi
        Yes i have 115v at terminals next to transformer

Comment

No red leds are lit at all on the board

Comment

None of the red status leds are lit when power switch is turned on

Comment

I will double check the 115v next tomtransforemer when i can...just very odd that none of the status red leds are lit

Comment

What should resistance be when checking the line/neutral points? And also what could be explanantion of all status red leds not lit up?...those arent all controlled bybtransformer are they?

Comment

Unless all the leds are dcv fed

Comment

You do know you can edit a post? instead of making the thread a mile long.
                    If you have 115 volts at the transformer primary, Check the primary resistance, it could be around 10~100Ω

Comment

Hi
                      Yes i have 115v next to transformer and checked resistance between the two pins and get 29 ohm
                      Last edited by shelby5041; 07-12-2019, 05:32 PM.

Comment

check the fuses and plug connections and power switch

Comment

Fuses all good
                          Power switch good lights up when turned on and i have 115v
                          Connections good
                          Caps not bulged
                          No visually burned components

What about the relay in the center of the board?
                          Taking a pic of bottom board not possible now...as its in storage
                          Board part # is 013732-B
                          Last edited by shelby5041; 07-12-2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Check if you are getting 115vac across the primary of the transformer, then you should have ac on the secondary windings, check them. If you get secondary ac on the secondary windings, check for DC on the secondary capacitors
                            Upload a clear straight on picture of the bottom of the board
                            Last edited by R_J; 07-12-2019, 05:54 PM.

Comment

hi rj here is an actual photo of back of the board i have..
                              Attached Files

Comment

I suspect the A/C line connects to the two terminals labeled Line & neutral
                                Can you check if you have a/c on the two secondary windings? As for the relay, it requires 12 volts to operate the coil, that 12 volts must come from a 12 volt supply which is likely from one of the transformer secondaries. There must be a standby voltage from somewhere.
                                The picture helps, but being double sided its almost imposible to trace.
                                I am guessing, but it looks like D38 (AC) led should lite with a/c applied to Line and Neutral. It looks like line connects to D33, then to R15? and should light D38
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by R_J; 07-17-2019, 11:27 AM.

Comment

thanks currently the board is out of the machine..removing and installing requires a lot of time due to design...is there anyhting i can check while out of machine?

i tested all 3 1000uf caps and they all test ok

Comment

yes ac line connects to line and neutral near the transofrmer and as i have said none of the status led lights on the board light up and i assume if the external circuit breaker near the power switch was not working i would get no 115ac voltage....so since i have 115acv and the light switch illuminat3es means the circuit breaker is ok....its very odd that none of the led status lights are on..
                                    Last edited by shelby5041; 07-17-2019, 12:22 PM.

Comment

You should be able to connect 115vac to the line & neutral with the board removed, just be carefull. Then you can measure the voltages.
                                      There is a trace that connects from the neutral contact to one side of D38 (led) The line contact should connect to the anode of D39 (diode above R123) Check if this is correct.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

hi rj

interesting...when i connect 115v to board outside of the machine i get the follwoing red leds to light up

D38 115v
                                        D34 18v
                                        D33 vcon

maybe i should reinstall in machine and start removing connections to see if one of the items is causing entire board to not power on???

what do you think rj?..if the board shows life outside of machine and not when installed in machine that would be my guess
                                        Last edited by shelby5041; 07-18-2019, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X