How to power on Dell 1901FP LCD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to power on Dell 1901FP LCD?

I have a 1901FP LCD with a missing power & display circuit board that goes behind the power button. The only thing left is a 8 wire ribbon cord coming out of the main PCB.
    Does anyone know which wire to short out to see if it power on?

Re: How to power on Dell 1901FP LCD?

Assuming you mean the button board is missing, there will probably be a pin called POWER marked on the main board that will need to be connected to GND or Vcc. However sometimes it's marked on the button board....... Maybe someone has a picture?

But if you mean no power supply...

If there is no power supply board you will probably have very little luck, no matter how much wire jumping you do. Even if you could supply the voltages required (probably 5V and 12 - 15V) you'll also going to need around 700Vac at a few mA to light the tubes (the current must be AC, as pure as possible and balanced between tubes.)
    Last edited by tom66; 12-28-2011, 06:44 PM.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes I mean the button board is missing. Actually I really like it if someone had a picture of this board. Then I would have the part number & could order a new one?

I will check to see if I can find pin called POWER marked on the main board? Thanks

Comment

Hi all .i have a 1908fp model with broken lcd .but is complete i will ck to see if the control board is the same.

Comment

Am still looking for the service manual or the part number in question for the Dell 1901FP LCD. If someone could help me I would much appreciate it.

Comment

Hi Regent - for some reason or other there is an entire lack of photographs of the boards for this monitor. Please can you post clear pictures of the front and backs of the power supply and the video board. Please also post close up of the area near the flat cable connector socket on the video board - back and front,(max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) using the manage attachments button, which is found by clicking "go advanced" under quick reply.
            Examples of what is needed
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1290283049

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1280167246

Please also update your profile with country and mains voltage
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
            X