GA-8IPE1000-G I can't install XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-8IPE1000-G I can't install XP

Well reading your post and from your experience I know you don't need any confirmation, anyway just to let you know I have checked all caps in my lab with Wayne Kerr PMA3206A and the results confirm they are fakes:

- the highest value I measured is 2120uF, the lowest is 1800uF
    - the highest ESR measured is 70mOhm the lowest 52mOhm

From datasheet the capacitance can be 3300uF +/-20% so 3960uF - 2640uF... most of my caps are around 1950uF; the ESR should be 12mOhm MAX... I have values that are 4 or 6 times more...

Ok this lesson cost me 3.27€... I have to delete Dealextreme from my shop list.

Ciao
    Gianni

@ c_hegge: as the new year is close I will follow your suggestion... fireworks is the right use for these fakes caps
    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins...Not through strength, but through persistence."
    H. J. Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Gianni View Post
      From datasheet the capacitance can be 3300uF +/-20% so 3960uF - 2640uF... most of my caps are around 1950uF;
      I only have a Fluke 12 to measure capacitance and I always nearly get what is rated on the sleeve +/- 5%.

Ok this lesson cost me 3.27€... I have to delete Dealextreme from my shop list.
      Complain to them and see if you get your money back. Email them the test results and see what they say regarding selling counterfeit products.

edit: It looks like their Nichicon caps are all fakes too. Incorrect vent and bullesye bung. Just search for "motherboard capacitors".
      Last edited by retiredcaps; 12-12-2011, 03:34 AM. Reason: Nichicon fakes
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Hi retiredcaps
        I have no hope to get my money back... I know Dealextreme.
        I tried to save other people from buying fakes but probably when you write a negative review they don't show it automatically, look in the picture what I wrote, it is waiting to be approved.

On the other hand... fireworks are more expensive the 3.27€ so in the end... I saved money and MOBO

Let's see if my review get the attention of Dealextreme team...

Ciao
        Gianni
        Attached Files
        "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins...Not through strength, but through persistence."
        H. J. Brown

Comment

I ordered some Sanyo 3300uF 6.3V caps off ebay a few months back and got fake Nichicons (wrong vent and bung). I sent an email to the ebay seller that I expected Sanyo and not Nichicon. I got a full refund.

Those fake Nichicon caps, surprisingly, measured 3300uF, but I have no idea what the ESR is.

Undeterred, I ordered another batch of Sanyo 3300uF 6.3V caps off ebay from another seller. They haven't arrived yet, but I received Rubycon caps from this same seller and they were real.

Hint: When I buy from ebay, I try to buy with free shipping so I get a full refund on my buying price. For example, if two items sell for a total of $10, but one is $10 + free shipping, and the other is $5 + $5 s/h, I will go for the former because most sellers never refund the s/h.

Yes, I know ebay is full of fake capacitors, but I'm a careful shopper and only had the one bad experience outlined here (so far).
          Last edited by retiredcaps; 12-12-2011, 04:23 AM. Reason: ebay hints/experiences
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Ok don't say I'm drunk... even if I give you some reason.

I was wrong with the data simply because in the WG Sanyo datasheet the 3300µG 10V don't exist!!!! I was re-cecking the data when I saw I was looking at column 3300uF 6.3V

I attache here the datasheet, please confirm me that there's no a newer datasheet with 3300uF 10V.

Ciao
            Gianni
            Attached Files
            H. J. Brown

Comment

@ c_hegge: as the new year is close I will follow your suggestion... fireworks is the right use for these fakes caps
              My prefferred method is lighting a small camp fire out in our back yard and putting them in, but connecting them to a >20V Power supply in reverse polarity works well too.
              I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Ok don't say I'm drunk... even if I give you some reason.

I was wrong with the data simply because in the WG Sanyo datasheet the 3300µG 10V don't exist!!!! I was re-cecking the data when I saw I was looking at column 3300uF 6.3V

I attache here the datasheet, please confirm me that there's no a newer datasheet with 3300uF 10V.

Ciao
                Gianni
                You are correct.
                There is no 10v 3300uF in WG.
                There is also no 2200uF 16v in WG - except sometimes on eBay.
                Sanyo is a popular brand to fake.
                Last edited by PCBONEZ; 12-12-2011, 05:18 AM.
                Mann-Made Global Warming.
                - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                -
                You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                -

Comment

Dealextreme is a paradise for fake stuff in case you didn't know.
                  Fake Kingston USB sticks, fake Sandisk memory cards.. they have it all.

They're only good for buying non-mainstream stuff/hardware that costs an arm and a leg locally..

Comment

Working...
                  X